2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to installing my glossy black Sharkfin antenna. Looks pretty good against the glossy black vinyl roof. I'll snap some more pics when the car is clean; weather here in NH has sucked lately.

I'm liking the look (although its a bit "bigger" than the stock antenna base) and it matches the glossy vinyl roof. I got this to hide a few imperfections in the vinyl around the antenna base (never removed the stock antenna).

Anyways here are a few pics:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Looks great. Perfect size and shape. Blends in with the car seamlessly.

·
Registered
987 Posts
looks nice!

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Looks great with that roof !

·
1,272 Posts
Looks great. Perfect size and shape. Blends in with the car seamlessly.
I agree. Looks awesome redblur!

is there a how to on how to install on of these? like taking the stock base off
AFAIK, you don't have to. You just unscrew the antenna part from the base, screw in the wire that is attached to the fin, and stick the fin to the roof. This is all after doing proper preparation of course.

Here is the installation instructions on VG's website. I like how the pictures on the right are of a 1st gen MZ3 hatch :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Install is really very simple. Just unscrew the OEM antenna "stick", attach the shrkfin wire to your stock antenna base, verify the sharkfin antenna is properly lined up, and press down. Took me all of 15mins from start to finish.

I'll post up better pics when the car is clean

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have the tech package? Looks great. Looking to buy one after someone decided they needed my antenna.
Yup I got the tech package. Do you have the stock antenna base on your roof? you'll need that to attach the Sharkfin antenna to.

·
Registered
699 Posts
VG site doesnt list a 2010, I suppose it would be the same for both gens.... but at $81 (shipping included) not something i'll buy right away... but perhaps down the road.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope gotta email Sharkfin and they'll set you up with the correct antenna for the 2010 Mazda3/Speed3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts