2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the 3i Touring because I wanted a manual transmission, but I'm missing out on having the 18 inch rims and shark fin antenna on the exterior. I've swapped the wheels for some speed3 18's, but I was wondering if anybody has swapped their antenna yet?

I know they have many generic shark fins, but I would want one to match my car color exactly and not change the radio signal quality. Is this an option Mazda possibly offers?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
If you can't get the oem ones, you can try visual garage. They sell sharkfins that they paint in your oem paint code. It's a little pricey at $100 but the match is exact. I have a genpu but you can email to see if they have tried it or made one for a genpee yet. They are still updating their site, but if you click on any link it will show you the temp page with email. VG Shark Fin Antenna - Distributor

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
VG Shark Fin Antenna for Mazda #VGMZ - Revolution Performance Motorsports!
x2 on Visual Garage. The RPM Store is a distributor and has VG shark fins and their site isn't broken. I had to get the type II and it isn't quite as streamlined as tastic's is. Mine is fatter at the base b/c I have tech package with SiriusXM. Still looks good but tastic's style (type I) is better looking. VG color match is dead-on. I haven't read one unhappy customer review about color match and VG seems to be the go-to people for shark fins.

·
Registered
23 Posts
VG will definitely be my top choice IF dealers don't offer the OEM one (which they apparently don't). I like the OEM one because it's a little bit more angled especially on the back and it makes it look mean. The VG one is more "smoothed out" around the edges. Both would look great no doubt, but I have to give a slight edge to the OEM one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts