2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
mazda 3 2018 install Plug and play DSP sound system.

hi all master,
can anyone show me the wiring diagram or socket which is plug and play dsp to original HU for m3 2018 come without bose system.
thanks alot

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi all master,
can anyone show me the wiring diagram or socket which is plug and play dsp to original HU for m3 2018 come without bose system.
thanks alot
What DSP do you have? Does it have built in high to low converter? I don't think there is a plug and play for Mazda (that I'm aware of). I have a Mazda 3 2017 and i had to cut the outgoing speaker cables from after original amplifier and then connect it to my Mosconi DSP 4to6.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 2017 Mazda 3 GT with Bose audio which was sounding good stock. However wanting more bass I added the Rockford Fosgate P300 sub and that improved the sound to the point I am completely satisfied. Upgrade itself was relatively easy DIY. I followed instructions from the thread on this forum and everything went smoothly. Did not cost arm and leg too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We found that the front door speakers cut off at 45 hz, so we tapped the rear door full range speaker leads for the sub. The sub crossover is set at 80 hz.
Hi Mike,

I have a few questions regarding your subwoofer setup after I came across the above comment you made few year ago.

Does the Bose amp always output full range sound to the rear door speakers even though in default fade setting they don't sound as loud as front speakers?
Do you have CenterPoint turned on or off?
Do you set your fade setting towards to the back?

You mentioned that you found the front door speakers cuts off at 45 hz.
Is this cutoff due to natural frequency roll off of the front door speaker or active crossover by the Bose amp?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey what do you guys think about this rockford fosgate p500 12" powered sub? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P50012P/Rockford-Fosgate-P500-12P.html

Just looking to add more bass with this + and LC2i? Or should I got for the lc7i in case I want to upgrade the rest of the car speakers down the road as well with an amp?
Depends what kind of bass you are after, adding bass for sound quality or bass for sound pressure level. That leans more for spl bec of the ported box. If you want just more bass, a simpler 8 or 10 inch sealed would do, that unit will easily drown your stock speakers output.

If you plan to change speakers down the line and add amps, better to skip line converters like lc7i or lc2i and go straight to dsp, better yet a dsp with built in 6 channel amps like a helix p6. This way, you are future proof.

Problem with adding amps and speakers down the line with a line converter is it will sound crappy without any tuning that a dsp provides as our mazda connect system offers only treble and bass, fade and balance. I see lots of people buying an expensive speaker and amp expecting automatically great sound. They don’t realize its the tuning that makes the capable speakers and amp sound great. You will be amazed at how a dsp with proper tuning can make a stock system sound way better than a stock headunit with after market speakers and amps without dsp/tuning.

Good luck and post your upgrades when installed

·
Registered
214 Posts
just finished installing a alpine MRV-F300 amp in my car with a PAC -MA2, I runned the RCA from the PAC to the amp then the amp to the PAC back again to the conections of the speakers...

now I have a SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS sound, the car can be turned off...

maybe the ground is not secure?
any ideas...

I already lowered the gain in the PAC and it helped but not cured it.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2017 Mazda 3 GT with Bose audio which was sounding good stock. However wanting more bass I added the Rockford Fosgate P300 sub and that improved the sound to the point I am completely satisfied. Upgrade itself was relatively easy DIY. I followed instructions from the thread on this forum and everything went smoothly. Did not cost arm and leg too.
I have the same vehicle/trim, would you or anyone else be able to point me to that thread? I had looked into upgrading a while ago but I'm revisiting my options.

·
Registered
13 Posts
JBL spare tire subwoofer

Had the JBL 11" spare tire subwoofer and LC2I installed in my 18' GT hatchback Bose system. What a huge difference. Just now that the subwoofer sits a bit high so you need to raise your rear cargo mat. I had the shop that put in my subwoofer build me one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had the JBL 11" spare tire subwoofer and LC2I installed in my 18' GT hatchback Bose system. What a huge difference. Just now that the subwoofer sits a bit high so you need to raise your rear cargo mat. I had the shop that put in my subwoofer build me one.
you mean the basspro hub from jbl? Nice! How bout share some pics of how elevated/protruding the sub is? Yeah our donut tire rim has a recessed part unlike other donuts that are flat. Ty

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 2017 m3 hatch GT and originally wanted to go to the audio dealer to install Alpine's PWE-S8, but put off for a few weeks. Then earlier last week, went to Alpine's website and saw they have a PWD-X5 (a DSP, power sub plus power for 4 more channels)...Anybody has that installed and could comment on its sound?

·
Registered
98 Posts
found out from the Alpine dealer I was going to along with Alpine USA both emailing me that the pwd-x5 would not be compatible with the bose sound processor...so I'll just think about installing alpine's powered sub the pwe-s8.

I just thought the alpine could have improved upon the bose system especially with their 10 band parametric equalizer …. shucks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a 2017 m3 hatch GT and originally wanted to go to the audio dealer to install Alpine's PWE-S8, but put off for a few weeks. Then earlier last week, went to Alpine's website and saw they have a PWD-X5 (a DSP, power sub plus power for 4 more channels)...Anybody has that installed and could comment on its sound?
Have you demoed the alpine powered sub? Because if you haven't, you might just feel its not enough as all under seat subs are. Sub freq requires air to be moved, with under seat subs, there aren’t much air to be moved due to the enclosures size to fit under the seat. They will just sound like mid bass.

To be honest, get a proper sub and box in the trunk. Either self powered or using a mono amp to power it.

221 - 240 of 269 Posts