2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I bought my skyactiv almost a year ago I've been hearing wind noise right behind me(rear drivers door somewhere ) especially when driving at faster speeds. At times its so loud that it sounds like the window is slightly cracked. At first I disregarded that thinking that I get what I pay for ( thinking its no BMW or Lexus) but I now drive more on highway and this is getting annoying. Has anyone experienced an issue like that? No weather seals are damaged or anything. Should I take to the dealership in hopes they repair under warranty? Just don't want them to make it worse.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Our 2.5 does that exact thing. On the highway it sounds like the Window is cracked. The noise on ours is coming from the top corner of the drivers Window. If I push my finger into the corner it goes away. Dunno how to fix it. Maybe try turning the radio up. :-D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. That's what I do when I start hearing it but them I get fired up just because such loud wind noise exists :argh 1:

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I try and ignore it too but it gets to me. Make my wife drive so I can sit in silence on the passenger side. :-D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Take it to the dealer and make them fix it, there is no way you are over 36k. This is why there is a bumper to bumper on the car. Sit in the back and have you wife drive. Listen for where the sound is coming from, move between the seats. Push lightly on the windows. The dealer doesn't care about fixing it, meaning they will not fight you on it. MAZDA is paying.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Same here I have a wind noise on the rear passenger side.. its just annoying when your cruising at night

Sent from my HTC One S Special Edition using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just wondering have you taken the car to the dealership to have it looked at. I have the same problem and they replaced the weather strip but still didn't solve the problem. Looks like it's coming from the small window on the rear passenger side.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Our 2.5 does that exact thing. On the highway it sounds like the Window is cracked. The noise on ours is coming from the top corner of the drivers Window. If I push my finger into the corner it goes away. Dunno how to fix it. Maybe try turning the radio up. :-D
Same here...I tried pulling the door tighter and it didn't stop it...I will try pushing the glass out and see.

The car does seem to loud for the price. Other than that the build quality is nice. The only other noise I really have is the trim above the glove box vibrates at certain rpms/road conditions. If I push the corner closest to the driver it goes away. If I push the glove box closed tighter it goes away.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Where is that? Hard to figure it out in this pic. We have wind turbulating around the back doors causing the floor to be cold in the backseat.. When I lick my finger and search for cold air, I find that it's coming from around the door seals. Mostly from the bottom of the door. I think. Unless it flows around the door itself first.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Where is that? Hard to figure it out in this pic. We have wind turbulating around the back doors causing the floor to be cold in the backseat.. When I lick my finger and search for cold air, I find that it's coming from around the door seals. Mostly from the bottom of the door. I think. Unless it flows around the door itself first.

Its the window gasket/frame/seal

Funny cause I used to complain about that too but idk which of this mod fixed it.
(Door guard)
1386472876386.jpg

Or this mode (wing riser mod)
1386472977372.jpg

cause I asked my friend to drive my car while I sat in the back to listen where the wind noise was coming from I have thought it was the hatch or the back glass

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
that pic is so zoomed in idk what its of... and Mazda dose not want to work on my car anymore they said id have to talk to the reginal manager to get any more work done on the car. Super lame im planing on making a video of my issue to hopefully help others out. It just seems that its a recurring problem. Looked up the 2014's issues. I even taped up that window with painters tape and the noise was gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where did u get the door guard?
Hey, did you happen to get the door guard that was mentioned to see if that would solve the problem? I've been battling with this ever since I posted here for the first time about this issue. I've tried painters tape, rubber window gaskets, and nothing had helped. It would be of HUGE relief to fix this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem on my 2012 Mazda 3. The w/strip seems to be intact, but it sounds like the driver's side front & back windows are leaking badly at highway speeds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts