2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to set the daytime running lights to always get 12v instead of half-voltage? Essentially I want my DRL to always be set to high-beam mode, but still be able to turn them on and off for day/night time use. I know in some cars you can just ground one of the wires and it does this, but is it the same for the m3? Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
wait, so you want your high beams to be on full strength constantly??

·
Registered
501 Posts
Oh I see, you want to wire the LEDs into the DRL circuit. I'll ask a buddy of mine who has been playing around with his angeleyes on his BMW. It didn't have DRLs stock, but he's modified the wiring harness so that they're on a delay. Its a pretty slick setup. Point is that you probably don't have to modify your DRL harness to go to 12V

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I see, you want to wire the LEDs into the DRL circuit. I'll ask a buddy of mine who has been playing around with his angeleyes on his BMW. It didn't have DRLs stock, but he's modified the wiring harness so that they're on a delay. Its a pretty slick setup. Point is that you probably don't have to modify your DRL harness to go to 12V
Thanks man. Will I still be able to turn them on and off regularly though?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts