2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been exhaustive on this, but I haven't had any luck in setting a radio station by voice using its frequency, e.g., AM 950 or FM 97.1. On XM it seems to recognize the names of the channels pretty well "Play Bluesville", "Play Outlaw Country", etc. But requests with numbers aren't working for me.

Can this be done? Any example of how to word it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I haven't been exhaustive on this, but I haven't had any luck in setting a radio station by voice using its frequency, e.g., AM 950 or FM 97.1. On XM it seems to recognize the names of the channels pretty well "Play Bluesville", "Play Outlaw Country", etc. But requests with numbers aren't working for me.

Can this be done? Any example of how to word it?
For me, I've had success by saying "Tune to 89.7" and it assumes FM. Likewise on XM, I can say "Tune to channel 36" and it assumes XM.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For me, I've had success by saying "Tune to 89.7" and it assumes FM. Likewise on XM, I can say "Tune to channel 36" and it assumes XM.
Nice shortcut. The command on the Mazda connect site is a bit long winded "LISTEN TO FM RADIO STATION 104.1" but if you download the pdf file that has all of the commands listed they mention Tune to | Station <frequency AM or frequency FM>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe that's it -- I have to say "tune" instead of "play". Does it care how you say the numbers, such as "eighty-nine point seven" vs. "eight-nine-point-seven?" Some numbers such as "nineteen" and "ninety" sound a lot alike, as opposed to just using individual digits.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe that's it -- I have to say "tune" instead of "play". Does it care how you say the numbers, such as "eighty-nine point seven" vs. "eight-nine-point-seven?" Some numbers such as "nineteen" and "ninety" sound a lot alike, as opposed to just using individual digits.
The couple times I've tried it, I only said "eighty-nine seven". I may have had success with "one hundred point seven" and "one oh six three", but I don't remember exactly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
For me, if I want an FM station, I must already be tuned to another FM station for the voice command to work. Switching from AM to FM to XM all require one command, then a second command for a station frequency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts