2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Mazda3 s Touring Manual

I feel like the cost for these services are ridiculous. I've done every service my dealership has thrown at me (including the 30,000 mile flush) without question until today. I'm at my 60,000 mile mark and they're quoting me $750.00 for the following. Am I being had?

Synthetic oil change
Tire rotation and balance
Replace engine air filter
Replace cabin air filter
Fuel induction service
Manual transmission fluid service
Cooling system service (coolant flush)
EPR (engine flush)
Battery service

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
2012 Mazda3 s Touring Manual

I feel like the cost for these services are ridiculous. I've done every service my dealership has thrown at me (including the 30,000 mile flush) without question until today. I'm at my 60,000 mile mark and they're quoting me $750.00 for the following. Am I being had?
Synthetic oil change - $65 at the dealer, half that anywhere else. .
Tire rotation and balance - $100 maybe
Replace engine air filter - OEM filter $20, 5 minutes to change it?
Replace cabin air filter- Genuine Mazda (BBM4-61-J6X), $22 for 2 on Amazon, another 5 minutes or so to change
Fuel induction service - What exactly is that anyway? Its not in the Mazda service schedule is it?
Manual transmission fluid service - $50 for a couple quarts of the good stuff, about an hour to do it.
Cooling system service (coolant flush) Does it really need it? $15 / gallon, another hour maybe
EPR (engine flush) - Does what that regular oil changes with good oil doesn't? EPR is a snake oil engine treatment anyhow. Look it up.
Battery service - You don't "service" them other than adding water or cleaning the terminals, you replace them.

Mostly these are things that you can do if so inclined. Otherwise you are stuck paying dealer prices for parts and exorbitant labor rates. The other option is find another shop that is not so expensive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dealer prices will always seem high like that. As stated above, you may want to pick and choose instead of getting the whole recommended service, and do the rest yourself or go elsewhere. I do like getting oil done at the dealer because it includes a wash and the inspection report which I like to look at, and with coupons I can usually get it down to around $50.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts