2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden I see the service due sign everything I turn my car on... Thing is I only had it since July when I bought it new. I don't know why I need servicing so early. And when I turn on my car, I hear the sound of running water on the drivers side from around the mid point of the drivers door and the back seat door on the right side. This happed after I lowered my car down with a floor jack: both the sound and the service sign. Why is this happening?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can set the interval at which your service message pops up. Read through the manual.
What's your mileage at?
Almost 2000. Do you guys know what might be causing the running water sound.

Thanks for in info wings and jp. :)

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
See if you can snag a clip of the sound. I've seen alot of posts here and other forums, where people were mistaking a "running water sound" for something else. Either that or take it in for service. A noise is a difficult thing to diagnose without being there to hear it first hand.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
mid point of driver's door is window motor, behind the seat...fuel pump?

could be the sound of energizing, coil could do that, take it in man.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok the sound of running water starts on start up last for a few minutes and then goes away. I also saw some water dripping from the front end of the car, behind the motor. This happened below the car. I only glimpsed a couple drops then it stoped. Also there was a very little pool of water about one inch in the back. I didn't see it drip I only saw the puddle. When I looked up directed from the puddle, it was situated below the connection point of two exhaust pipes. I don't know if this is water or not. It has no smell so I thought it might be water. Also the side where you are suspoose to mount the jacks, I felt air flowing out the sides.
After a few seconds the water stopped dripping I'm the front. About 1 to 2 minutes after start up I didnt see anything dripping.

What is happening???? Help!!!!

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
Dont worry it's just coolant going through the system, I have herd what it is you are talking about, if I remember it's when your temp controls are set to defrost and a cold start...? Just coolant getting ready to do it's thing. Your coolant system isn't pressurized yet thats why it sounds like ruining water.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have sri and exhaust with racepipe I don't want the dealer to hassle me. Can and one explain the drops of water?

Ps thanks for the help so far guys. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IMAG0204.jpg

What is that puddle doing there lol. I havent used the car at all today. I just turned it on. No ac. There was a puddle in the back too. didnt take a pic of it. this pic is of the front.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
if you havent got time to take to the dealer yet.

Pop the hood, there's a drain hose on the outside of the firewall, which probably goes up to the wiper motor area, remove the plastic cover and check that section.

I dont see how the door could plug up given that there are at least 2 drains on each door when I was doing the sound proof mod, you could double check.

At the ground effect side skirts, I'd tap it few times and see if water comes out, it shouldnt accumulate there.

at the start of the day, when you open the door, is the bottom wet?

The picture shows your gasket is leaking.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if you havent got time to take to the dealer yet.

Pop the hood, there's a drain hose on the outside of the firewall, which probably goes up to the wiper motor area, remove the plastic cover and check that section.

I dont see how the door could plug up given that there are at least 2 drains on each door when I was doing the sound proof mod, you could double check.

At the ground effect side skirts, I'd tap it few times and see if water comes out, it shouldnt accumulate there.

at the start of the day, when you open the door, is the bottom wet?

The picture shows your gasket is leaking.
It only happens when I turn on the car. It only last for a few minutes. How do you explain the puddle in the back directtly under the point where two exhaust pipes conect. I haven't had time to take it to the dealer and I am afraid cause I have a few mods including exhaust and Sri.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
seen an exhaust job clip on youtube, they were checking under the car, long and behold water came out exhaust while the enginewas running.

basing my diagnosis on that. manufacturing flaw.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts