2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Naturally Exasperated
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning as I was starting my car to go to work, the HID flashed a "Service Due" notification at me. This is the first time I've seen this.

A quick check through my preferences menu and it shows that I'm still almost 300 miles from any kind of service. I haven't even put 3,000 miles on the car yet.

Am I just being preemptively warned that service is due soon?

Is there something wrong with the car that I'm being alerted to?

Any insight here would be appreciated.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts

·
1,272 Posts
The service warning has to be set by someone, so it was most likely set by the dealer (I don't think it comes from mazda preset).

Am I just being preemptively warned that service is due soon?
Yes, it starts warning you a little earlier rather than just waiting until the exact mileage you need service.

Is there something wrong with the car that I'm being alerted to?
Nope. Just the dealer (most likely) setting it to remind you to get your oil changed.

·
Naturally Exasperated
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure you can actually set it yourself. I have mine set for 3k mi, at which time I'll be switching to synthetic oil.

Thanks for the info! Nice to know I don't need to call the dealer...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes you can set it yourself in the preferences. I did it for my break in period and as mentioned before, it pops up earlier than necessary. Amazing you can reset the service interval but not get rid of that damn caution message ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Pressing Enter on the sterring wheel control when the message comes up cancels further messages for that alert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts