2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud new 2016 Mazda 3 owner, and I've been looking a lot at the tweaks offered by Mazda AIO Tweaks. I haven't actually used it yet, but judging by some of the useful features I plan to use it. I also plan to get the Apple CarPlay retrofit kit and so will need to update to v70, but I want to be able to tweak it as well. Here's where my question comes in.
I know that in order to update to v70, you must first update to v59 then v70. I have read both of the update guides on the AIO site and want clarification since I haven't seen it explicitly said, and I know it is dangerous to mess something up. Since I am currently on v55 and am looking to update to v59 I need to establish a serial connection and run the commands and such (following the guide), and then after that I update? Or is it I establish the connection after the update? Also, for updating to v70 it seems you're supposed to have the serial connection already made before starting the update, then you start the update normally and once its done you use Putty and run the copied commands then restart. Is this all correct?
Sorry for the fluff, first time posting here! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
My recommendation to do it without the need of the serial connection (easier than the alternative I mention below):
1) Install the Autorun/ID7 tweak (top right corner in AIO software) at your v55 via usb. Do so, to still be able to install tweaks via usb after your following firmware update.
2) Install/update to MZD firmware 70.00.100 (you do not need to install v59 in between; and because of the Autorun/ID7 tweak you do not need to do the serial connection).
3) Then you can install any AIO tweak you want and you can install the official AA/CP Kit (new usb hub + cables).

Alternative, if you want to use the latest tweakable version 70.00.352, but serial connection necessary:
1) Install 70.00.100 (recommended by Mazda, if you are at v55 and want to update to 70.00.335 or .352.
2) Test, if the serial connection works in general.
3) Install 70.00.352 and at the end, before rebooting do the serial connection: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7
4) Then you can install any AIO tweak you want and you can install the official AA/CP Kit (new usb hub + cables).

·
Registered
13 Posts

I have tried connecting using serial cable but the usb does not recognize these tx and rx ports for some reason. I have tried different usb to ttl but none of them works. The rx and tx only lights up when they touch the body which is not useful at all. please help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts