2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

send location to car NAvi

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SillySod 
#1 ·
HI
anyone have an idea about how to send location from phone to car navigation ,, i try to save address on contact but it come wrong on car maps :(

thank you

#5 ·
Interesting, I've never tried this. I'll have to check it out.

However, I will remark that this isn't all that helpful, or at best, is a pain in the ass. If I have someone in my contact list and have their address on there, I probably already know how to get to their location, though I guess the Mazda system can be useful if I'm going there from a different start-point than usual. But frequently when I'm using a GPS nav system, I'm going to someplace new, and it seems rather cumbersome to have to add a new contact every time I go to some restaurant or whatever, just so I can navigate there. I don't really want all the businesses I've traveled to stored in my contacts list.

Because of all this, and the lack of traffic updates, I've mostly given up on the in-car navigation. It just isn't worth it: with Google Maps, I can search for a restaurant or other business (or just look at the map and pick one of my starred locations), press a button to navigate to it, and go, and if there's a traffic jam it'll re-route me if possible. The OEM system just doesn't have any of that convenience. Sometimes I like to use the OEM system as a back-up, just in case GM gives me some weird directions, as all nav systems seem to do from time to time.

#7 ·
I contact Navibridge and ask them about the app and how i can use it on my MZD ,, they reply

Thank you for visiting DENSO Website and your message dated December 5th.

Unfortunately the Mazda's GPS Navigation System in wolrdwide market does not
support NaviBridge.
Only models in the Japanese market are compatible with NaviBridge.

However we have heard that the message "Install NaviBridge"may be displayed due to
behavior of GPS Navigation System' software.

Please contact MAZDA for details.
I am sorry I can not meet your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit to the DENSO Website.
Best regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.