2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry If I'm doing anything wrong with this post. :S

Hi guys, I recently got a 2010 Mazda 3s and I was wondering if there was a way for your car to use a catback but also have it so with a flip of a switch it would revert back to a normal quite exhaust. I think that's what a cutout is for, but I'm not too sure. I looked in to this a bit and nothing has really come up. So I was wondering it it was also possible to use a dual exhaust separately where one side is a normal exhaust and the other is connected to a catback and there would be a value that switches between the two. Basically I want my car to sound cool and be quite when I want it to. I know this might not be the right reason for these upgrades and stuff but I thought it would be cool. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Electronic cutouts are basically designed to dump the exhaust short of all the quieting parts of the system. So it will be loud, but not necessarily sound good. I would say go for a mild catback setup, that will sound more aggressive under load, but still be relatively quiet for daily driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked up the Verex stuff before, but its a bit too pricey right now. I got my 2010 3s during the summer, ill have to wait til i get a bit mroe money to upgrade it. Right now I want to find a cheap intake

·
Registered
718 Posts
I looked up the Verex stuff before, but its a bit too pricey right now. I got my 2010 3s during the summer, ill have to wait til i get a bit mroe money to upgrade it. Right now I want to find a cheap intake
How much is "a bit pricey" and do you need two for a SGT? On their web site I couldn't find any price info or info on which muffler model will work with which car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the boating industry they have something along these lines... it's called Captains Call exhaust. My wife had to have it as she didn't want a loud(er) boat. Once the exhaust came on though and heads were turning, she liked the attention :cheesy: So the exhaust never went back to quiet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts