2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused013:Am trying to find best, reasonably priced securitysystem/remote start compatible with 2010 3 i touring
sedan. Have wheel locks + the anti-theft engine immobilizer; the latter only helps if someone doesn't have the right key.

Would like a noisy alarm with a LoJack + shock sensor, door + trunk alarm, + glass break sensor that would also be compatible with a remote start...+ won't break the bank.

I am not an auto techie, so welcome any advice from those who are.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Would like a noisy alarm with a LoJack + shock sensor, door + trunk alarm, + glass break sensor that would also be compatible with a remote start...+ won't break the bank.
Taking into account the criteria that you've listed (basically an alarm with remote start and GPS tracking) you're looking at a price tag in the neighborhood of $1000.00+...this wouldn't cover installation or any solenoid's/relays not included either.

Drop the GPS tracking and you're in a more affordable price range (between $300 and $500 installed depending on brand and features).

If you could provide more information, like a budget, it might be easier to narrow down your choices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you! Budget would ideally be $300 before installation. Went to Directed Electronics website + read about some Clifford Remote Start/Car Alarms. The Matrix 50.7 Responder LC3 is $239.99 at Dealer Cost Car Audio. States it has "...inputs for door, hood + trunk monitoring". ... and "ports for optional tilt, glass break, cabin + proximity sensors". Does that mean I'd have to buy something else + add it to make use of these options? The terms they use are somewhat esoteric for medical people...

Also, I haven't yet found how to determine what vehicles these systems are compatible with, or if the type of sound system I have (Bose) + keyless entry could cause a problem. I would hope that wouldn't be an issue with a new car.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
security systems are generally universal; security systems have nothing to do with audio system; you'd have to replace your fob with a regular key (unless you like carrying around two remotes); there is no way you'll find a system with ALL those features for $300. you might need additional parts for the optional stuff. the inputs for whatever means it can be programmed by the installer.

this is probably your best bet (and a HUGE steal): Amazon.com: Python 991 Responder LC3 SST Security/Remote Start System: Automotive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remote start/security systems

Haku-

Thank you! I really appreciate the info + the link to Amazon- will check it our now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts