2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former VW Driver
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody know offhand what the differences are between the 2012 sedan and hatch seat skins?

I have a sedan with OEM dune cloth and can pick up leather skins cheap but apparently they are meant for a hatch. If its an easy fix I will get them...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't think there is much difference. I got wet okole seat covers in my skyactiv sedan, they sent me hatch covers and they fit just fine. I think the only differences are the seatbelt holders/seatback release on the rear seats are in a slightly different position. The rear headrests on the hatch have a pull on them to fold them up so you can fold the seats flat (the sedans dont' have that ya gotta take the damn headrests out ugh) and in the middle of the seat is a hole for what i assume is a release from the back side for the hatch seats.

Other than those three differences they are fine. Now granted we are talking covers here not skins so i can't be 100%

·
Former VW Driver
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there is much difference. I got wet okole seat covers in my skyactiv sedan, they sent me hatch covers and they fit just fine. I think the only differences are the seatbelt holders/seatback release on the rear seats are in a slightly different position. The rear headrests on the hatch have a pull on them to fold them up so you can fold the seats flat (the sedans dont' have that ya gotta take the damn headrests out ugh) and in the middle of the seat is a hole for what i assume is a release from the back side for the hatch seats.

Other than those three differences they are fine. Now granted we are talking covers here not skins so i can't be 100%
It turns out that it won't quite work. Fronts will. But no dice on the rears.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts