2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a brand new sedan with no bose stereo setup. When i fade the sound on rear speaker the sound Is very very low and...orribile...without any basses. I have try to select only driver seat and all seats but no changes. Front sound Is great. Is this wanted by Mazda or Is a problem?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The woofers are in the front of the car, by your feet along the front fender. If you had Bose, there would also be a woofer in the parcel shelf. I'd suggest just not to fade the speakers...keep it on 50/50 front/back and left/right. I find that the standard Mazda 3 sound system has good sound for a base system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The woofers are in the front of the car, by your feet along the front fender. If you had Bose, there would also be a woofer in the parcel shelf. I'd suggest just not to fade the speakers...keep it on 50/50 front/back and left/right. I find that the standard Mazda 3 sound system has good sound for a base system.
I have the standard sound system but my question Is that Is normal ti have a very low volume and no basses on rear speaker? Rear speaker Is only on the Doors and have a very bad quality....sond Is metallic and very low volume.

·
Registered
CX30 2021
5 Posts
That's right, the rear speakers are set to sound very low, in normal balance conditions only the front speakers are heard, as the rear speakers have very low power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, the rear speakers are exactly the same and receive the same power as the front doors, they are 2 3/4 ", they are only designed to reproduce frequencies between 250-3000khz, so you feel that they do not sound the same, since missing a wide range of frequencies, my recommendation would be to switch to some aftermarket 3 "coaxial speakers, with the integration of the tweeter you will improve the sound

·
Registered
CX30 2021
5 Posts
Hi, the rear speakers are exactly the same and receive the same power as the front doors, they are 2 3/4 ", they are only designed to reproduce frequencies between 250-3000khz, so you feel that they do not sound the same, since missing a wide range of frequencies, my recommendation would be to switch to some aftermarket 3 "coaxial speakers, with the integration of the tweeter you will improve the sound
But you would think that just changing them is not enough, since the factory amplifier will continue to send the same frequency range, right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
But you would think that just changing them is not enough, since the factory amplifier will continue to send the same frequency range, right?
I don't know if anyone has done the research yet. They could be crossed over at the amp, and/or they could just be really crappy speakers with limited frequency response. My guess is they might be crossed over at the amp to limit the lower bass frequencies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new sedan with no bose stereo setup. When i fade the sound on rear speaker the sound Is very very low and...orribile...without any basses. I have try to select only driver seat and all seats but no changes. Front sound Is great. Is this wanted by Mazda or Is a problem?
wow I came on here to find out the exact same thing! I can't believe how low and almost nonexistent the sound from the rear speakers is! Should I replace them? will that belp?

·
Registered
618 Posts
The 3-inch door speakers are all only mid range drivers, so even if they are being sent a full range signal, you're not going to hear the highs and lows very well. Since the front of the cabin has separate subs, and the non-Bose has no rear center or Bassbox, it makes sense that the bass will disappear when you fade to rear (cowl woofers disabled).

Agreed that a full range coax and aftermarket subwoofer might be your best bet, especially since the rear tweeters are super faint with Centerpoint disabled. For me I swapped in a 3 inch coax where the rear center was, and added a sub with a proper enclosure rather than the 9" rear center that's basically just a large driver with no enclosure (hence all the rattling of the deck).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts