2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a kit that you can extend the OEM pointed down tips of the sedan and put it like the hatchback????

thanks

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
Yes. There is. This is leela22's ride. It's sick.

This has also been discussed several times.

If you run a search you should be able to find the info you need.
CK

Attachments

·
Banned
842 Posts
Yes. There is. This is leela22's ride. It's sick.

This has also been discussed several times.

If you run a search you should be able to find the info you need.
CK
So has lots of topic's, but newer members as well even older members like to ask about their own MAZDA's with there own threads. :grin2:

He may only be wanting to go with a less expensive way to achieve dual tips. Here is idea that is very easy to install and very cheap $$$
mpp12
You can go to ebay and other vendors and find these.
s-l500.jpg

You can also talk to your local MUFFLER shop that specializes in custom work that can make you a set that will look more like part of the exhaust instead of bolt on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Some body around where I live hacked up his rear bumper on his Gen 3 and put the OEM hatchback exhaust on his sedan. From what I can tell, it does look like a stock fitment if Mazda ever did that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt that I would want to hack the bumper......

I wonder also if there is a cheap solution to get the 2 openings......

·
Banned
842 Posts
I doubt that I would want to hack the bumper......

I wonder also if there is a cheap solution to get the 2 openings......
If you have and are experienced in plastic welding it might be do-able? But the plastic used on many cars these days and MAZDA does not weld easily. We had some MAZDA body parts in the dump area at the shop and I played around with some of the plastic to see if I could do what you are thinking. I gave up and desided to keep the exhaust stealth. Give it the electric car look. :laugh2:

I did get a Racing Beat Exhaust Cat-Back Systems

Exhaust System - 4 Door for 2014-18 Mazda3 Skyactiv 2.0/2.5 - Racing Beat

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks very nice exhaust...

and the price is not crazy...

after OVT tune I could get into one of those...

I just find my car way 2 quiet...

·
Banned
842 Posts
That looks very nice exhaust...

and the price is not crazy...

after OVT tune I could get into one of those...

I just find my car way 2 quiet...
Couple things...
ECU calibration kits like the ones offered for many MAZDAs should be a purchase closer to the end of adding parts to the engine and exhaust. This way should you need to use any offered custom ECU calibration you will already have all the parts installed that need to be tied together with a custom Calibration and not a "canned" tuned(universal and very conservative changes in the ECU) that generally comes with those vendors.

I always say these days keep the quiet and get an electric exhaust cut out for the days you want loud.

Many brand name Mufflers are often "billed" as performance can be annoying to drive long distances and always kill a good sounding stereo system in your ride.

I personally choose the Racing Beat for what brand muffler they use which will actually flow more then the CFM a 2.5 can generate, is not by any means loud nor does it resonate at any speeds. It is also a direct bolt on replacing the stock with no install challenges or modifications needed. Takes about 20 minutes if you have your tools already out needed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beat looks good.
From what I have seen there is only Ovt and bbr with their remote tuning.

Have not seen any caned tunes for this gen3.

Whish they where available. Maybe they will be cheaper than 500+ usd

If I decide to tune and then beat. A 50usd retune is not bad.

Enviado desde mi G3123 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I had a muffler delete and have Akrapovic carbon fiber tips

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZoomZoom3GT

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some body around where I live hacked up his rear bumper on his Gen 3 and put the OEM hatchback exhaust on his sedan. From what I can tell, it does look like a stock fitment if Mazda ever did that.
Can you take some pictures please?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah if you don't want a rear diffuser, I have seen many 3rd gens that just cut out a "U" in the black part of the bumper and either went with a custom exhaust or just modified the tailpipes and added tips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pictures please, everyone? Want to do the same but i want to see how it looks first.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk

·
Banned
842 Posts
unknown member said:
And whatever you do..please don't buy those cheap Ebay exhaust tips. The Mazda 3 is far too stylish and refined for junk like that.

..... GEAR HEADS and real DIY and Hot Rodders will buy inexpensive and how was it described ..... "cheap Ebay tips"..... cut the ends off and weld them up making them look very custom. Even go further and paint , powder coat or even plate them. So really some people might be a little more considerate when making comments on a car forum which can offend people or just make the person saying them look limited visioned? Just my opinion. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
The thing I dislike the most about that cheap ebay crap is when they fall off and I run them over ... and they do pretty regularly because they are everywhere on the side of the highway here.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tune race bikes for hobbie, and ebay parts are no go....

my idea of the tips was not really good one...

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
I think the sedan looks great with exposed straight exhaust tips. You're idea had some merit.

It's just not a simple mod to undertake. You'd probably need to involve a muffler or body shop to get OEM like results.

I hope you can make it work.
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
..... GEAR HEADS and real DIY and Hot Rodders will buy inexpensive and how was it described ..... "cheap Ebay tips"..... cut the ends off and weld them up making them look very custom. Even go further and paint , powder coat or even plate them. So really some people might be a little more considerate when making comments on a car forum which can offend people or just make the person saying them look limited visioned? Just my opinion. :wink2:
Mr. Passive Aggressive strikes again... :tmi:

Can we keep this on topic please, because that post has nothing to do with the OP's question. Nor did the tips you linked to. He wants the sedan's exhaust tips to look like the hatchback's, which is what we are discussing in this thread. Thanks!
CK

Reactions: arathol
1 - 20 of 34 Posts