2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a '10 Mazda3 but have not decided on whether I'm interested in the Tech package or not. I'm not quite sure what the difference is better the package's perimeter alarms and the normal anti-theft system. Can anyone explain the difference?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I believe the standard antitheft system is just an engine-immobilizer...it prevents the vehicle from being started without the special chip inside the key so if someone were to try to start your car with a 'shaved key' it wouldnt allow the vehicle to start. The anti-theft system thats included in the tech package is like a shock sensor. If someone were to smash your windows or pound on your vehicle, the alarm would go off. This is in addition to your engine-immobilizer.
Anyone feel free to add in or correct me if im wrong :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't think the alarm goes off if you shake the car, but it will go off if you open the doors or hood.

·
Registered
91 Posts
sorry for bringing up an old thread, i was just searching for some alarm advice...but i went to the lot, and had them pull up a 2011 mazda3 GT with the tech, they locked it and walked away. i personally hit the windows pretty hard and nothing came on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts