2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 2008 Mazda 3 about a year ago now and it just started to have a really annoying issue. First thing is for some reason if i press the unlock button on the key fob, all the doors unlock and this has never happened before. Next there are times where after pressing the unlock and nothing more, the car will honk again letting me know that the security system is armed even though the doors are still unlocked.

Next is the most annoying part, there are times where I take the key out of the ignition and the horn will honk one time again letting me know that the security system is armed meaning that if I open any of the doors the alarm will go off.

I have tried to disconnect the battery and let the system reset itself but this hasn't worked. I have also unplugged the front hood latch to see if that was the issue but that didn't work either. I am all out of ideas.

Also recently I went to get an oil change and the issue started to occur after that trip. I did not see any other posts with this same issue but if I did miss one could someone please link me? This is really frustrating.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds like an aftermarket alarm that's trying to tell you be fob battery is low, or there is an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it is the fob battery because it is happening on both the fob's I had even though i never used one. Is the only way to fix it to take it into a Mazda dealership?

I was trying to avoid that because I'd have to wait another 2-3 weeks for an appointment.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't think it is the fob battery because it is happening on both the fob's I had even though i never used one. Is the only way to fix it to take it into a Mazda dealership?

I was trying to avoid that because I'd have to wait another 2-3 weeks for an appointment.
Mazda may not be able to do much if its an aftermarket one. I would try changing the batteries first, smallest cost and easy.

Is the fob a Mazda one?

Could also be an alarm that uses the stock fob.

Sounds like a CPU issue or needs to be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes it is the remote keyless entry stock fob.

Anything I can do about the CPU?
With aftermarket units you can program the CPU with the fob. If it is in fact the Mazda alarm, or even an aftermarket one and no fob your stuck.

Its possible to bring it to a car audio/alarm place and they may be able to figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts