2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just picked up my new 2014 Mazda3 today and the only thing which is somewhat of a concern to me is thieves might be very interested in the infotainment unit. It would be nice if there was some way to remove it, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Has anyone else had any issues at all with people trying to break in and steal it?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think screens are common enough and it is clearly a part of the car so I dont imagine it is that much of a target. it would be harder to make that unit work than it would be to get something universal.

Id be weary of what you leave in the car, usually people see cars with lots of tech stuff and they equate that to ipads, laptops etc. so dont leave any bags in sight.

I haven't fully checked out all the storage areas but im sure theres a few.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wouldn't worry. I've seen people leave their portable gps devices still mounted to their windshields at malls.

I keep a dark small washcloth in the car. I'll usually throw it on top of the nav screen if I happen to park in a dimly lit area. From the outside it almost blends in with the dash if you're just passing by and glancing in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try a baseball cap to cover the infotainment unit

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is a ripped out ITS really worth anything to a thief? I'm guessing no, unless there's a big black market for stock Mazda stereos that aren't a standard DIN size. I'm more worried about getting my wheels jacked, considering wheel locks can be broken pretty easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts