2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Mazda 3 iGT and yesterday I turned on my driver side seat heater and the back portion is working, but the bottom seat portion is not. The passenger side they are both working.

What do I need to do to troubleshoot?
-I have seen that there is only one fuse for the seat heaters. Since they are partially working, it does not seem like it is a fuse issue.

What do you guys recommend as troubleshooting steps?

Has anyone seen how the heater elements connect? Am I going to have to disassemble the entire seat to troubleshoot?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know if there is just one wire going to each seat to run the seat heater? If so, it would imply that the fault is inside the seat somewhere, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Mazda6 2016 has exactly the same problem... they say one of the electric circuit was left open and the driver bottom heater isn't working and all power goes to driver seat back heater and gets extremely hot and got cushion burned out..it's very flat now...however, Mazda doesn't do any recall for this model and asking me to pay the cost...over $360. It should be fixed for free cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to update that the fix was to replace FAILED HEATER GRID by replacing part number BJD6-88-161B-02 TRIM LT ST/CUSHN.
The part was $205.55 and the labor was $234.00

Apparently they replaced the bottom seat cushion to replace some sort of electric grid that melted under the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts