2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have anyone a European unused lye file and the CID number from the original SD Card please. :frown2:
Умеешь ты юморнуть. Если в Америке есть добрые люди, то вряд ли у нас в Европе такие найдутся. Народ барыжит ими по 5к, а ты хочешь бесплатно, ни кто не отдаст свой "хлеб".
Я сильно сомневаюсь, что человек, который реально купил карточку за 400-1200$ будет страдать херней с unix-системой, чтобы достать этот CID, только ради того, что бы ему сказали спасибо. Уж тем более с вероятностью того, что эта карта скоро перестанет работать...

·
Registered
54 Posts
You have to keep two things in mind:

- Lots of people do not really need onboard navigation, as they usually drive routes they know very good within their hometown. They only need navigation for vacation or special trips and here mobile navigation is fully sufficient.

- We have AA/CarPlay on the way and thus onboard-navigation is even less needed, as you have the benefits of your mobile navigation AND the nice onboard-display in your car.

So if you do not really NEED anything you are not willing to pay 600 Euros (but you can get new cards for around 300 Euros). If you can get it for "free", you of course take it but even then it will not be used on a daily basis.

Google/Apple-maps have too big benefits (i. e. live traffic, up-to-date-maps) in my view. If I could have them displayed in my car, it would be ideal.

Умеешь ты юморнуть. Если в Америке есть добрые люди, то вряд ли у нас в Европе такие найдутся. Народ барыжит ими по 5к, а ты хочешь бесплатно, ни кто не отдаст свой "хлеб".
Я сильно сомневаюсь, что человек, который реально купил карточку за 400-1200$ будет страдать херней с unix-системой, чтобы достать этот CID, только ради того, что бы ему сказали спасибо. Уж тем более с вероятностью того, что эта карта скоро перестанет работать...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wouldn't say that. Of course the majority of people won't share it, but for NA and Asia people have shared it.
So why not also for Europe?

·
Registered
53 Posts
well, I think that Naviextras will sooner or later find out which .lyc files are connecting too many times to to the servers from different states downloading the same update and block the users to download something in future as the licenses will be marked as misused. Therefore (fast) no one wants to share his license to get his card possibly blocked in future when he now paid such money for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well, I think that Naviextras will sooner or later find out which .lyc files are connecting too many times to to the servers from different states downloading the same update and block the users to download something in future as the licenses will be marked as misused. Therefore (fast) no one wants to share his license to get his card possibly blocked in future when he now paid such money for it.
I'm not sure if you are right. The CID is only the initial "key" to open usage of the SD-card with a specific car. Once the card is locked to the car, the VIN is the important "key". Does the CID even show up in MazdaToolbox? I think you only see the VIN in the ToolBox. Can anyone verify/ confirm. Thus every card, once it has been accepted by the car, has it's own, specific license.

You could even check this and replace the "Volans"-file with an unpatched once the new license file has been written, after the card was initially accepted!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm not sure if you are right. The CID is only the initial "key" to open usage of the SD-card with a specific car. Once the card is locked to the car, the VIN is the important "key". Does the CID even show up in MazdaToolbox? I think you only see the VIN in the ToolBox. Can anyone verify/ confirm. Thus every card, once it has been accepted by the car, has it's own, specific license.

You could even check this and replace the "Volans"-file with an unpatched once the new license file has been written, after the card was initially accepted!
Not ever looked at my card CID - what does it consist of? My SWID code in Mazda Connect is of the format AA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not ever looked at my card CID - what does it consist of? My SWID code in Mazda Connect is of the format AA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE.
That's what I meant: NaviExtras checks the license only with HW-indentifiers as SWID and VIN, but not with the CID. Thus I assume that they have no means to track if a CID has been used several times for license activation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The file for naviextra was make after navi bind to car, because of we need the unused lyc file and the CID to Patch cmu

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't believe Mazda toolbox has access to see the CID since most comers can't even see it (ie if you're using an external sd card reader), the only way they can see the cid is if it's saved in the lyc file, but that's just the cid of the original card and not any clones you make. So Mazda toolbox had no way of verifying if the card is a clone or not

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't believe Mazda toolbox has access to see the CID since most comers can't even see it (ie if you're using an external sd card reader), the only way they can see the cid is if it's saved in the lyc file, but that's just the cid of the original card and not any clones you make. So Mazda toolbox had no way of verifying if the card is a clone or not
Exactly! If i'm informed correctly, only very few SD-card readers are even able to read the CID and I think the CID is no means to check if a license is valid!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts