2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I'm driving at night I prefer to turn off the infotainment screen completely to reduce eye strain and distraction. Previously, I would use the voice command "Screen Off" which would result in the screen turning completely off. However, now that I'm on v70, when I give the command the screen goes black but stays on and leaves the clock on. This also happens when turn the screen off from the Settings menu.

Has anyone else tried this on v70, and have you noticed that the behavior is different from previous versions?

I've tried a factory settings reset, but it didn't fix the issue.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have another problem with screen off. Mine is 56.00.513. When i turn the screen off, it goes completely black as it's supposed to be. After a while when i try to wake it up, it does not respond. It always stays turned off no matter what. Only option is to hard reset MZD with button combinations.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I didn't even know there was a voice command to turn the screen off. I'll have to try it tomorrow. Thanks!

I'm with you on turning the screen off to reduce the distractions. I do it manually though: rotate the knob clockwise all the way and push in twice. There are two separate menu items there for turning the screen off: one turns it off completely (first option) and the other leaves just the clock. I can confirm that turning the screen off completely works fine with v70.

·
Codger
73 Posts
The voice command "display off" works, too. It sticks across startups.

·
Registered
110 Posts
OK, I tested it on 70.00.100A (NA) and the voice command works as expected. It turns the display off completely. No clock.

As to it being sticky across startups, that depends. I have the No More Disclaimer tweak installed and that tweak somehow prevents the screen off from sticking across startups. But I'll take having to turn the display off manually over having to look at that nasty disclaimer any day. Plus, it gives me an opportunity to look at my custom background :).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for checking this for me. Since I posted a few days ago, I have tried this again several times. It works correctly and shuts the display off completely about 10% of the time. But all the rest it just goes black and shows the clock.

I'll try the "display off" command instead and see what happens. I will also try it directly from the settings screen using the command dial. If it doesn't get it right there, then I'll know something is wrong, and it's not just my accent or slurred speech. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts