2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started following the steps laid out to upgrade my firmware before installing the carplay kit. It calls for 3 file to be uploaded but it seems like there is only 1 now. Since its not explained properly that you only upload the one file, i started with the fail safe file and now my nav screen is totally black. I have tried doing the reset by holding the 3 buttons down but nothing happens. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Philip

·
Registered
310 Posts
can you be more specific? we can guess magically what you did, and for the record you only need 2 files, a fail safe and a FW file. Not 3. So best be polishing those reading skills you have. There is a proper written tutorial right here which is very, very clear and easy to follow.

Please do share:

- which files you used
- which region your car is in (NA, EU or ADR)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
region NA...

First of all, there are 3 files in the directory..... failsafe, reinstall, and update.

The failsafe and reinstall files have old version numbers 31..... where the instruction documents pictures show firmware in the 59.... range. But i tried it anyway. two times it said the failsafe file was incompatible on the nav screen when i tried.

second issue.... There is a document in there talking about the update file which is version 70.... as a single file update but its not mentioned in the main instructions.

So its not a proper written tutorial as you state.

Back to my original problem..... after i tried the failsafe file 2 times, the third time i tried the screen will no longer come on. I have held down the back, nav, mute and also tried disconnecting the battery. Is there anything else i can try?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to hear, your CMU is bricked it won't boot anymore because the failsafe got corrupted. It's always 2 .up files failsafe.up and reinstall.up except in the latest 70.00.335NA where they are together in one file.
You should asked questions here before doing anything but what's done...

Two options: buy a used CMU on Ebay or try to fix it yourself "How I unbricked CMU", this is not my page. Read the very last messages the guy offered the firmware he retrieved from an Ebay CMU, that should work for you.
I posted too some help earlier here

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed the same when I downloaded the 335c update. It came with version 31.00.100A along with 70.0.0.335c i think whoever uploaded in the folder uploaded the wrong version. Luckily when I ran Hash values it said it didn't match that's when I noticed it was version 31.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts