2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

First post for me! This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me!

I took delivery of my 14' Astina Hatch about two weeks ago. Since I have noticed a few little scratches on the face of my glove box. They have been caused by my Fiancée's handbag as she gets in and out of the car..... :censored 1:

So here is a few photos of the 4 scratches attached

I also just noticed a few more scratches on the plastic next to the axle channel.. but im not too fussed by them. Its just the ones on the glove box that just stare at me....

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
since it's plastic probably not..
you might be able to hide it with some plastic cleaner / shine product
but if it bothers you that much you would probably need to get a new glove box.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah gotta agree with GDM try to cover it over / make it less visible with some finishing products but going to be a hard fix. I've had success with scratches in smooth plastic but the textured glove box would be tough.

On the plus side the door would be easier to replace than than many parts so could search for a used piece to replace it... step one in my opinion is fiancée's needs to get a new handbag :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah, there's not much you can do with the textured plastic. Give it a good rub down with some Armour All or some other plastic polish of choice. The main reason they're so visible is that the plastic where it was scratched is lighter than the rest. The polish stuff will help to hide it.

Second idea is kind of ghetto, but if you're not an Armour all kind of person, you can very carefully take a sharp-tipped permanent marker and color the plastic in the scratch. It's still not going to be a good match, but the dark color will stand out less than the lighter color.

If you do go the route of getting another glove box, make sure to put duct tape on that hand bag to keep it from scratching everything.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I recently noticed really random patterned scratches on the hard plastic part along the side of the center console (passenger side). Figured out that's were my wife was putting her purse. It has this metal piece on the side we suspect has been doing the scratching. Any other ideas for removing or covering the scratches? I was thinking maybe some sort of adhesive covering ... I'll try the marker and armor all ideas first.

KG

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You can experiment playing w/ heat gun. Light scratches can mold back to their initial state w/ a lil massaging. Careful not to overdo this as you might get those areas a lil glossier.
Custom leather upholstery is another option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts