2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mazda 3 Lover
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

can someone please let me know about any good scratch remover that will surely work without affecting the paint and clear coat? note that a I have a mazda 3 2015 pearl white and got some light scratches. any brand or type of scratch remover?

also will wax do the job?

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi,

can someone please let me know about any good scratch remover that will surely work without affecting the paint and clear coat? note that a I have a mazda 3 2015 pearl white and got some light scratches. any brand or type of scratch remover?

also will wax do the job?
Depending on how deep the scratches are, you can use a all in one product. I would recommend trying out 360 made by McKees 37. It's a great, cleaner/polish/sealant. It has gotten some impressive scratches out, when using a orange pad on the buffer. If you need alittle more correction, you can check out meguires 205.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Depends on what you consider a scratch? But if you are worried about the clear coat or paint finish use only a POLISH and soft cloth. Always test in an area that will not be seen.

Better quality suppliers of polishes rate their products in "CUT" number 10 being the most aggressive and 0 less than what toothpaste on your teeth is. The type of applicator polishing pad also has an effect on the polish used.

This is why you may perhaps go to a local detail shop and see if they will give you some tips and advise on what to use and how to do it with what you are attempting to polish out scratches.

For most of my cars even the one I have a custom paint job I use Meguiars Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish. It is rated #4 for cut.

20180324_154515edit.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,499 Posts
Maguiar's Scratch X 2.0 works really well and is clear coat safe.
CK

·
Mazda 3 Lover
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on how deep the scratches are, you can use a all in one product. I would recommend trying out 360 made by McKees 37. It's a great, cleaner/polish/sealant. It has gotten some impressive scratches out, when using a orange pad on the buffer. If you need alittle more correction, you can check out meguires 205.
here in Mauritius, meguire product are rare. there are mainly "shield" and "abro"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts