2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
CX-30 is about to be released in Europe First with Skyactiv X engine.
Here is Press Kit.
It is good to see that the SkyActiv-X engine doesn't have cylinder de-activation. I hope they eventually apply SkyActiv-X to the 2.5L.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good read, hope that they bring it to the USA soon. Funny that the Energy Flow screen says “Sucker” in the bottom right. Is that in reference to the early adopters, LOL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Haha! Looks like they are listening to “Sucker” by Jonas Brothers

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Some further info on US spec SkyActiv-x 2.0L engine.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/mazda-3-skyactiv-x-75411

Mazda is making two versions of the Skyactiv-X 2.0-litre for now, one with 16.3:1 compression designed for Europe that favours Premium unleaded petrol, and one 15:1 version aimed at the US with their abundance of lower grade unleaded.

Unlike conventional engines, it’s the lower compression version that will deliver the biggest benefits, because Skyactiv-X relies on the usually “bad thing” pinging to do its best.

We’re set to get the Euro-spec one in Australia, which unfortunately means we won’t quite be getting the very best Skyactiv tech again.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
MORE INFORMATION on the all new MAZDA Skyactiv X SPCCI Engine.

As we know this is a first for Mazda and any car brand to have a massed produced Engine of this Type which has ALL the trade marks of a Diesel Engine, extra Grunt/Power and economy. From a Gasoline or Petrol FUELLED Engine.

Just a few more Details as was said this MUST use a High Grade/Octane Fuel ONLY.

Plus this HF Engine ALSO has a Particulate Exhaust Treatment FILTER (Like Diesel).
Or known as a Compulsory Regenerating GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter), which can take ass much as 60 Minutes to Complete a/the Regen Process ( a very long time, not certain this is correct as Diesel is usually only about 15 min.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
First skyactiv-x cars are already on sale. I saw one unit in Poland, went away in a day.

Mine arrives at 26h of october

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Skyactiv-x engine is selling much better than expected in Europe.

"Since we launched the engine, we are seeing a very encouraging feedback: 60 percent of the orders for the Mazda3 are currently for cars equipped with the Skyactiv-X engine, as well as 45 percent of orders for the Mazda CX-30 crossover," Mazda Europe CEO Yasuhiro Aoyama said.

Interest in the new powertrain is "much higher than expected," he told Automotive News Europe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Skyactiv-x engine is selling much better than expected in Europe.

"Since we launched the engine, we are seeing a very encouraging feedback: 60 percent of the orders for the Mazda3 are currently for cars equipped with the Skyactiv-X engine, as well as 45 percent of orders for the Mazda CX-30 crossover," Mazda Europe CEO Yasuhiro Aoyama said.

Interest in the new powertrain is "much higher than expected," he told Automotive News Europe.
Thanks for the info. Very interesting. It will indeed make the M3 a better car.
The massive engine cover prompt me to ask the question: Any information on M3 in-cabin engine sound level between the SG.2.5 and the SX.2.0?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all
have the car for just over a week in total I have 590 km. for that reason I didn't pull the gears, at the most up to 4000 grpm, in any case I feel a void or uncertainty around 1500/2000 rpm

21 - 34 of 34 Posts