2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im new here! My name is Ahmed!

Got a question: I upgraded my CMU to version 59.502, and it seems the SCBC/SBS stopped functioning altogether (they used to work on v56).

I have an unstable SBS option only under the "safety" screen. By ubstable I mean: I turn the option on, shut down the vehicle, 10 mins later I start the engine, then i I find the option unticked!! I have no SCBS ; at all currently.

Am I missing something? My car is a middle eastern specced car, 572909 the 4A N option. I upgraded to 59.502 with also 4A N, and now all this is going on...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the same version and don't have that issue. You can try to re-install the s/w again, or, take the car to Mazda for them to check the issue - just don't tell them you updated the SW. :p

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
I have the same version and don't have that issue. You can try to re-install the s/w again, or, take the car to Mazda for them to check the issue - just don't tell them you updated the SW. :p
I think that it will be pretty obvious. If the car was delivered with one software package and now has a different version installed, and the dealer has no record of doing this, then there is only one other option. :dunno:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed that whenever i switch the car off for a few hours, the toggle in the CMU is switched off, and regardless of weather its on or off, I tried to replicate a situation where it should stop by itself (driving slowly to a cardboard box) and it never engaged.

So, I guess the dealer is my last resort...or maybe I should try something else.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I noticed that whenever i switch the car off for a few hours, the toggle in the CMU is switched off, and regardless of weather its on or off, I tried to replicate a situation where it should stop by itself (driving slowly to a cardboard box) and it never engaged.

So, I guess the dealer is my last resort...or maybe I should try something else.
Try disconnect the negative from the battery and wait for 5 minute or more .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay...

I tried removing the negative battery terminal, made it sit without reconnecting for almost 10 minutes. Nothing changed.

SBS remains inactive, and the CMU's SBS tick mark remains unticked until I tick it again, and then shut the car down for almost 5-10 minutes, then it goes unticked again with the next engine restart.

Weather the CMU's setting is ticked or not, the function DOES NOT WORK. Tried replicating scenarios (in a controlled manner, not reckless driving), and the system simply refuses to kick in.

I dunno if that has something to do with upgrading from v56 to v59. The dealer is my last resort, but I wont utter a peep that I did an upgrade myself...they may deny me warranty coverage :D

This is so annoying!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update:

Took the car to the dealer, and they upgraded the system to 59.540, and the problem still persists: the car's SBS system simply refuses to engage, and the "Smart Braking Support" submenu under "Safety" in the CMU intermittenly goes off (especially when turning the car off for a few hours and then running the engine again).

I'm kinda curious now what causes this, and I wont surely leave the dealer until I get this fixed under warranty (car is still under warranty). I'm gonna go back in a week's time (too busy lately) to have the dealer take one more shot at this whole ordeal...

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
If the dealer can't fix it, go over their head. Tell them to contact Mazda Corporate, if they don't, do it yourself. Mazda has lots of engineers, one of who should be able to figure this out easily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you try resetting door lock settings to factory defaults, or even the whole Infotainment system to factory settings?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the dealer can't fix it, go over their head. Tell them to contact Mazda Corporate, if they don't, do it yourself. Mazda has lots of engineers, one of who should be able to figure this out easily.
Will definitely do that. I will chase their souls to get it fixed no matter what :grin2::grin2:

I need to get one thing straight: how can I reach out to Mazda Corporate? All emails seems to lead to the agency themselves (which seems like a dead end to me).

Here is a video demonstrating the issue:

Im gonna attach this video to their engineers if they are willing to cooperate, however, I need to reach somehow somewhere beyond the dealer. Any ideas? :smile2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you try resetting door lock settings to factory defaults, or even the whole Infotainment system to factory settings?
I tried resetting the whole thing via "Factory Reset" option, and nothing changed. However, I did not attempt resetting door lock settings until now.

Will try today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here is a video demonstrating the issue:
Had a look at your video and I do not recognize the menu. On my car I just have Smart Brake Support (actually it is called Smart City Brake Support on my menu) on or off. I do not have the other 2 menu items. In fact, I do not think they are relevant to the function, for example I don’t think Smart Brake Support gives an audible warning. It looks like the menu is mixed up.

Note also that disabling the traction control (button on the left under the steering wheel) also disables Smart Brake Support and illuminates the lamp, however it always remains ticked on my menu. Maybe this switch is defective on your car.

Hope this helps, Andy

·
Registered
195 Posts
SBS and SCBS are to similar sounding but entirely different systems.

SCBS is a system most cars have, it helps you breaking in an emergency at low speed. It is managed by the camera subsystem in the car.
SBS is a breaking system for high (highway) speeds, it usually comes with the automatic speed controlled cruise control system. it is managed by a radar sensor in the front, which can be recognized by the logo: if the logo is flat and shiny and looks a bit like a sticker, it is the radar sensor, if the logo is 3-D and you can poke a finger between the silver parts of the logo, it is the logo without the radar sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same problem after the update from 56 to 59.00.502 (ADR) ,Took the car to the dealer and they do a Factory Reset and still not fix , i u know how to fixed plz shared here :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same problem after the update from 56 to 59.00.502 (ADR) ,Took the car to the dealer and they do a Factory Reset and still not fix , i u know how to fixed plz shared here
*if u know how to fixed plz shared here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had a look at your video and I do not recognize the menu. On my car I just have Smart Brake Support (actually it is called Smart City Brake Support on my menu) on or off. I do not have the other 2 menu items. In fact, I do not think they are relevant to the function, for example I don’t think Smart Brake Support gives an audible warning. It looks like the menu is mixed up.

Note also that disabling the traction control (button on the left under the steering wheel) also disables Smart Brake Support and illuminates the lamp, however it always remains ticked on my menu. Maybe this switch is defective on your car.

Hope this helps, Andy
Actually, SCBS and SBS are two different things, and are activated on different speeds. I happen to have my vehicle equipped with the SBS feature (the one that activates at high speed anywhere between 45-145 km/h). So, my menu has only that option.

All models in my country after 2016 are now equipped with both.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

Tried the car today, and the system's "BRAKE!" message appeared.

The system apparently decided to work today and it kicked in on some random incidents and my own controlled driving (trying to invoke it). It is worth noting that the tick mark in the CMU was OFF when all that happened :grin2: :grin2:

I will test it for a few more days before dumping the whole car back to the dealer. I need to get in touch with Mazda Corporate, since the dealer here in Dubai seems to be clueless about what actually went wrong.

Any idea whom shall I contact guys?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts