2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I DID IT!!

2017 Mazda 3 Grand Touring with Premium Equipment Package and i-ACTIVSENSE.

I couldn't be happier with this purchase. So gorgeous and fun to drive. And boy am I glad I went with Soul Red color! It's beautiful!
$23,779 + Tax + License + Doc Fees. This is after a $2000 Mazda Customer Cash and a $500 Mazda Loyalty discounts. Plus some discount from dealer too.

Looking for customization suggestions. I don't really wanna change much yet, but simple and not-so-expensive customizations that'll improve appearance will be appreciated.

What I'm thinking of so far:
-- A little tint on the 2 rear door windows -- this is for safety because I tend t leave stuff on my rear seats.
-- Spray the front grill Mazda emblem BLACK
-- Eventually replace wheels with the 18” Dark Alloy Wheels on Mazda's website.
-- Once I have the BLACK wheels, I might also go for a new brake kit (BLACK rotors with RED brake pads)

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful suggestions.

Mo

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
hmm i don't think you can paint your front emblem black. i'm not sure what the i active sense package is, but if it's the one like down under where it's got the radar cruise control and stuff, that emblem is not actually an emblem, it's a radar..

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi car

Definitely get the tint, of course useful but looks great on this car.

I painted my emblem black, then in a few months went back to stock - had to try it to know i preferred the stock badge.

As for wheels, now that i know how heavy the stock wheels are (27lbs) if i ever get wheels they will be light aftermarket.

·
Registered
327 Posts
-- Spray the front grill Mazda emblem BLACK
Congrats on the new car. But as mentioned: DO NOT try to modify the front badge. It has i-Acitvesense sensors hidden within.

Reactions: mlfatty

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
We can tell of your excitement (though not surprised). Congratualtions.

Tried to send you a private message, but when I did, it says you have chosen not to receive them; could be your post count, but as you have 15 now, doubt that it is that. If you wish, send me one.

Happy driving enjoyment!

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm i don't think you can paint your front emblem black. i'm not sure what the i active sense package is, but if it's the one like down under where it's got the radar cruise control and stuff, that emblem is not actually an emblem, it's a radar..

@louisbosco
In fact, this i-ACTIV includes "radar cruise control". I'll have to do some research on if I can mess with it or not. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Congradulations on your new 3!

The front badge is plastic. Any radar sensor would be behind it.

Try this thread for mod ideas: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...50-15-mazda3-essential-mods-under-1000-a.html

If you like your wheels but want them darker, find a local place to powder coat them. My dealer said it would save me $500 by not getting the OEM dark wheels from Mazda.

@BearlyHere
Thanks for that link on mods and powder coating idea. Very brilliant. And WOW!! Your 3 is amazingly beautiful. I actually had to tell my dealer I can take any color but white, and now that I'm looking at yours, I'll actually take white any day. Your mods did the trick! Great job.

Did you get the appearance package?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tried to send you a private message, but when I did, it says you have chosen not to receive them; could be your post count, but as you have 15 now, doubt that it is that. If you wish, send me one.
Happy driving enjoyment!
Thanks a bunch! Just realized my profile wasn't allowing messages by default. Fixed it so should be able to receive messages now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased new beltline trim (about 60.00) in black, made a subtle difference if you're going that route
You got a part # for those. Really like to get ride of the chrome

·
Registered
720 Posts
You got a part # for those. Really like to get ride of the chrome
I don't like the chrome on anything other than black or white.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Looking very sharp @kota62.

Questions please:

1) Is the above part # above not just for the front door itself? If, so what is the P/N's # for the back door and the passenger side belt trim pieces please? Thanks.

2) $60 total for all four parts? That sure would not be much to transform the side view of our cars for those who want (I do...)

And would you please share your process to install it, e.g., a simple trim tool from the outside, or what needs to come apart? Complexity/difficulty?

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Nice choice with the Soul Red! ;)

If you're looking for ideas I have all of my mods listed below and vids to go along with them.

I'm a big fan of black accents with the Soul Red.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts