2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from Dublin

I got a new Mazda 3 GT last week and two things about the Satnav are really annoying me.

1. I can't find any way to mute the Satnav voice only - Surely this should be a standard feature.

2. The Satnav doesn't AUTO dim at night even though there is a setting for this in the Car settings. This is positively dangerous at night on unlit roads with the Satnav pumping out loads of light into your face.

Anyone else annoyed with these (missing) features

The infotainment version is 28.010

·
Registered
87 Posts
You control the volume of the Nav voice while the Nav is speaking, I.e. adjust the volume knob/button at that time to an acceptable volume.

The display brightness is adjustable to day/night/auto as well as overall brightness from the Settings menu in the infotainment system. It is not a setting in the Nav subsection, it is a setting off of the main settings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all from Dublin

I got a new Mazda 3 GT last week and two things about the Satnav are really annoying me.

1. I can't find any way to mute the Satnav voice only - Surely this should be a standard feature.

2. The Satnav doesn't AUTO dim at night even though there is a setting for this in the Car settings. This is positively dangerous at night on unlit roads with the Satnav pumping out loads of light into your face.

Anyone else annoyed with these (missing) features

The infotainment version is 28.010
you need to turn the knob on the cluster (the odometer trip reset) at least one click to the left. if it's cranked to full brightness it does not auto-dim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you need to turn the knob on the cluster (the odometer trip reset) at least one click to the left. if it's cranked to full brightness it does not auto-dim
Thanks for that - well that's one annoyance taken care of. I couldn't believe that a setting in the menu simply didn't work:001_smile:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You control the volume of the Nav voice while the Nav is speaking, I.e. adjust the volume knob/button at that time to an acceptable volume.
Thanks - I should have picked up on that one - My Mondeo worked that way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts