2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

How is satellite radio integrated into both the 2013 Mazda 3 i Touring and i Grand Touring? I know it's not standard but I can't imagine it...no I refuse to believe it's some dash mounted monstrosity. Is it really :blush 1:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, you mount the satellite radio on the dash, then it's integrated through the radio to play the music through the speakers. Just get an aftermarket stereo that's satellite ready or HD. Then get the Axxess SWC to keep the controls on your steering wheel, and get a stereo that is BT ready to keep the BT in car system that your car already has. Assuming you have those features anyway. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hid my old visor-mount Sirius receiver in the console where the AUX input is anyway and used that power point for it. Ran the antenna up onto the dash in the center forward of the vents. Works great except that power point is constant on, so you need to remember to turn it off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That factory installed Sirius satellite radio is completely integrated to the factory radio and display. The Sirius tuner is hidden in the dash above and behind the glove box.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That factory installed Sirius satellite radio is completely integrated to the factory radio and display. The Sirius tuner is hidden in the dash above and behind the glove box.
I'm confused. I thought this was the case. Why are you guys mounting external units when the factory stereo has it integrated?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm confused. I thought this was the case. Why are you guys mounting external units when the factory stereo has it integrated?
I'm guessing they don't have the OEM satellite tuner installed....not all cars have the tuner unit installed. They are equipped to be hooked up so its already integrated but you still need the tuner..its not too cheap either and this is a cheaper alternative...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, I try not to buy things I already own.

Though honestly I can listen to Sirius via the app on the phone on the bluetooth anyway. I like the app better than live anyway, as I mostly listen to talk radio and the app lets me listen to episodes I missed or listen when the show isn't on. I only use the satellite in the console when I am in the middle of nowhere or the daughter has the phone in the backseat playing games.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts