2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car from Mazda 2 years ago with only 8,500 miles. It still had the warranty since it had never been titled and under 10,000 miles.

Anyway, my dash has the Satellite button but no satellite radio comes on when I hit it. Is there any way to tell if it had sat radio before?

I'm wanting the integrated sat radio without all the visible wires.

Yes, i've searched. I've found similar situations, but how do you know if your car originally had this option?

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a subscription, but want to get one. The button does nothing at all. I can press while listening to any form of music and nothing happens.

I don't want to go buy the tuner and everything else if all I need is a new subscription.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I can't stand having additional crap hanging out of my dash so it looks like I need to buy the Mazda specific parts.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Was a port or dealer installed option on the 2010 unless you got the tech package.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So my options are either A. pay 300+ to buy and have the factory version installed or B. buy the cheap one and have 2 receivers in my car...

Damn

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
So my options are either A. pay 300+ to buy and have the factory version installed or B. buy the cheap one and have 2 receivers in my car...

Damn
Call some local audio shops. We have a shop here that can install satellite radio and make it work through the factory radio.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Didn't know where to post my question, so I will post it here since it has to do with satellite radio.

My car came equipped with a Hertz Never Lost GPS (It was previously a rental car before I purchased it) But I wanted to ask since I don't know... Can the receiver from the GPS be re-wired to be used for satellite radio? Because if not, I'll just remove it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts