2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '13 Fusion and my stand alone Sirius prior to that would store favorites, either artists or specific songs. So far my 3i favorites is limited to specific channels on any of the band options. Is there a way to store favorite artists and get a notification when they are playing somewhere?

I like the car and overall it's great but the radio cutting off the display half way across the screen and other shortcomings are really inexcusable for a 2014 vehicle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This radio will not allow you to store a specific song or artist to get notification when they are about to come on that is a feature that I had only seen on the standalone units Siriusxm sells. I didn't know that there were any production cars that had that feature stock.

I agree with you that it's the stupid little things that we know other OEM radios do without a problem that this infotainment struggles with that are the most disappointing. Things like display, speed, and even how station art isn't always displayed. I'm lucky to have a pretty stable infotainment thus far but when I see my 2013 Sentra have a slicker entertainment system than this one I'm left less than impressed. The loss of wifi and no apps is HUGE reason for this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, the 2013 Fusion had a very good radio. It had 10 preset buttons with 3 satellite bands so you could have a total of 30 favorite satellite stations. There were 2 bands for FM and 2 for AM I think although there could have been 3 for FM. In addition it would store 30 favorite songs/artists in memory. It didn't do any better job with the display though. No scrolling on it either.

I think I'd rate my 3i a definite 8.x and maybe even a low 9.x overall but the radio is only about a 4. Shame on Mazda for using such an inferior system in an otherwise excellent vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts