2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sat nav map doesnt detect the speed\red light camera. Mazda 3 2019 Astina. What to do ?
You do have the SD card inserted right? If so there are settings for turning it on or off. It not only gives a verbal warning but shows on the map. It works very well in the lower mainland in BC Canada in both our Mazda 3 2016 and 2019. Many of our cameras also include speed in addition to going through red lights so its an added reminder to slow down.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sat nav map doesnt detect the speed\red light camera. Mazda 3 2019 Astina. What to do ?
In addition, assuming the 2019 is similar to previous GEN and you do have the SD card inserted, there should be a setting in the Nav settings which turn on/off this feature along with a couple of other relevant.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In addition, assuming the 2019 is similar to previous GEN and you do have the SD card inserted, there should be a setting in the Nav settings which turn on/off this feature along with a couple of other relevant.
I have a 2019 AWD hatch, premium trim with NAV - I have no audible speed or red light camera alerts, which I have in my 2017 Mazda 3 GT Sedan with tech package, and my 2016 CX-5 GT with tech package. These are all US market cars.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm wondering if these are firmware updates that Mazda eventually plans to bring back in 2019's or if they are just really cutting back on the bells and whistles to make bank...just doesn't make sense even if they are assuming everyone is going to use AA/CP which we don't all do...at least all the time. I've been using my steering wheel warmer the last few days in my 2017 but if I'm not mistaken another option not available on the 2019's US models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just been in contact with Mazda Australia and they advise me the software for the Mazda 3 2019 Sat Nav is a global software package and because the warning settings (speed cameras, etc. ) is illegal in some country’s they are not going to make it available for country’s where it is legal . Very disappointed as they increase the price but give you less for your money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is very frustrating. 2016 Mazda 3 has it but not 2019.
Because so many of our features are software driven I am disappointed with the way Mazda deals with this vital software.
These feature are costly to have and yet we get such poor service from Mazda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
have the latest maps, there is no warning settings in the NAVIGATION SETTINGS menu to enable the speed camera, alert points etc

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just been in contact with Mazda Australia and they advise me the software for the Mazda 3 2019 Sat Nav is a global software package and because the warning settings (speed cameras, etc. ) is illegal in some country’s they are not going to make it available for country’s where it is legal . Very disappointed as they increase the price but give you less for your money.
If this is the case then we should be careful about updating our firmware since what would prevent Mazda from eliminating this feature on Gen 3 as well in the future. They have done it previously with other features in the car like the mirror.....I think more research is needed or did Mazda Australia just blow some cockypop up you know where?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts