2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
As the title states, I need a sanity check on a the 2 USB ports on a 2017 Mazda 3. I just got the car, and neither port seems to recognize my iPhoneXs. The “USB” menu option on the entertainment systems remains greyed out and my phone doesn’t have the charge icon (I’m not expecting fast charging, just verifying the phone connects).

I’ve tried 3 different cables and 2 different phones with the same result.

So, my question is, I should expect my phone to connect through the USB and get some basic charging?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should definitely at least be getting a connection, although the port doesn't provide enough power to reliably charge the phone without the Mazda Connect upgrade that also provides Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
583 Posts
NO. In fact depeding on what background apps you have running when connected to the car, you will lose further battery life. There is only marginal charging or for that matter zero. All things equal, you will still need to pair the phone with the car for the phone to be connected to the car.

So, my question is, I should expect my phone to connect through the USB and get some basic charging?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.