2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new here and nice to meet yall. I had my 17 mazda 3 sport for 2 months now. Absolutely love it. Now im ready to start putting my touches on the car.

I was looking at getting bigger wheels for the car as im not a fan of the 16s and worse hubcaps.. I tried the aftermarket route but it seemed more of a headache than not. Dealing with the weight brand size etc. I decided to go oem.

Now i am aware that mazda has the 3 in the grand touring trim which includes 18inch alloy wheels. I like those but ive been heavily looking at the rx-8 wheels. I see those are 18x8 than my stock 16x7s. I was wanting to know if they will fit, if so can somebody post a pic if they have these wheels on their car and also the best tire and size for them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone im new here and nice to meet yall. I had my 17 mazda 3 sport for 2 months now. Absolutely love it. Now im ready to start putting my touches on the car.

I was looking at getting bigger wheels for the car as im not a fan of the 16s and worse hubcaps.. I tried the aftermarket route but it seemed more of a headache than not. Dealing with the weight brand size etc. I decided to go oem.

Now i am aware that mazda has the 3 in the grand touring trim which includes 18inch alloy wheels. I like those but ive been heavily looking at the rx-8 wheels. I see those are 18x8 than my stock 16x7s. I was wanting to know if they will fit, if so can somebody post a pic if they have these wheels on their car and also the best tire and size for them?
Heres a couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe leela had both sets on her car and she ended up going with the 18" oem after which I think looks way better anyways. Also the oem ones are 18x7.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oem ones are nice too but very pricey even in ebay. The rx wheels i found a set for 450, but doesnt come with tires. Very hard choices

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I appreciate you guys alot. Its either between these or the niche m116 wheels.

I have the RX8 wheels with 235/40 on for my spring/summer set up. I have the OEM 18's for my fall/winter setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so very much. The rx wheels look great on the car. Also one unrelated question i have. Where did you get those exhaust tips from? I was thinking about adding those too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts