2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for anyone with a 2014-2018 mazda 3 that has ran some power wire and how they did it. Willing to drill through firewall as thats what I did in my 2005 mazda 3. Theres a wide covered molex southeast of the steering column when looking on the inside and wondering if anyone has tapped in or around that patch. Once I find more help and finish, I'll post back some photos for anyone else running into the same question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ended up drilling through the wheel well behind the driver side fuse box, coating hole with an acrylic paint to protect wire from getting damaged and surround with silicon to prevent water and dirt from getting through. Don't have a photo of it but there's holes above wheel well under hood that I used to run the wire from the bat to the wheel well and then through the side step to the rear.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,221 Posts
Just go to the hardware store and get a proper rubber or nylon grommet. The edges of that hole will soon enough slice through the casing and short that wire out.....acrylic isn't going to help.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I went through the grommet noted in Post 2. Removing the battery makes it very easy to access, and the hole is big enough for a lot of wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts