2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: I live in Canada.

Hi, I'm new to this forum!
I'm ordering a black one within a few weeks. I just got off the phone with a salesperson and they hinted me that the financing rate will be lowering (for a second time in less than 3 months) as a direct response to the current economic recession. In January, the Financing interest rate was 4.95%. In March, they lowered it to 3.95. If you currently own a mazda, they will lower the interest rate by an additional 1% (bringing it down to 2.95). IN ADDITION, as a mentioned at the beginning of the post, a salesperson told me it will be reduced in April. (on a mz3 GT with Navi, you save more than 2000$ from 4.95 to 2.95% finance rate! That's a lot of money!)

Just to let you guys know. I don't personnally own a Mazda 3, but my sister owns a mz3 GT. In order to benefit from the lowered interest rate, I am simply putting the car under her name (the dealers have absolutely no problem doing this). Also, since she has graduated after 2005, she is also eligible to receive a 500$ discount.

Hope this helped someone! :clap:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
good info, it'll be interesting to see if the rates drop here in the states as well.

check out this link here, this is what we have now in the US.
MazdaUSA - Wireless Home

and welcome to the site as well. where in canada are you coming to us from?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm from Montreal, thanks for the warm welcoming. I couldn't find US Financing info for 2010 on their American website. What I did notice is that Mazda U.S. is still liquidating their Mz3 2009's. Usually promotions and financing incentives come after they have liquidated all outgoing models. So, IMO, incentives should be RIIIIGHT around the corner!

On the other hand, Americans may be enjoying MUCH better financing rates because you guys are being hit harder by the financial crisis than Canadians are. Does anyone know how much the financing rates are in the U.S. for a 2010 model?

·
Registered
111 Posts
just drop by local mazda today,the salesperson told me the only promotion for the 10 mazda 3, is 4.9 finance for 60 months. And he shows me the list of coming mazda 3 to the dealership from now to july, mazda 3 speed is on the list, it is in production in japan, maybe hit dealership in July. He said the price should be around 31,000. And some other mazda 3 are on the boat to States. Including my favor combination black with black hatch back, with moonroof.

·
Registered
93 Posts
wow what a coincident.

I was contemplating whether to pickup my new 2010 mz3 this weekend(using March interest rates) or wait till the April program.

But I was thinking it would probably be the same interest rate since they just dropped it from Feb down by 1%. With this news, I'm going to take my chances and wait till April.

Just wondering which province is the OP from? Cuz the interest rate for Feb was 4.95% and is 3.9% in March for Ontario. Either way, if the rumour is that it goes down (doesn't matter by how much), I'm willing to wait another week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Jade,
I spoke to a second salesperson today. He admitted that the interest rate will fall again in April. He said he was "hoping it would be as much as 1%". In my opinion, Mazda should definitely narrow the gap between their financing rates and Honda's, which are at 1.9%. I live in Montreal and the promotions are country-wide, so this affects you aswell.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts