2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got an interesting one. I have a JBR .125 RSB on the stiffest setting. When it's warm (45 degrees+) its fine. It's fine on the AutoX course as well. When it's below that, it starts clunking at low speeds every so often, and it seems to get worse the lower the temperature gets. It sounds like a loose end link, but I've checked it out and my dealer has checked it out (don't have a garage, so maintenance during cold months has to be done at my dealer) and everything looks absolutely fine. Only thing I can think of is the brackets needing grease. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was noticing the same thing with my JBR 1.25 RSB yesterday. Clunking, even when going over slight bumps. I greased it up just a week ago, but taking a quick look under the car last night it looks like the end links are right up on the rear wishbones. I've got mine on the softest setting.

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
I was noticing the same thing with my JBR 1.25 RSB yesterday. Clunking, even when going over slight bumps. I greased it up just a week ago, but taking a quick look under the car last night it looks like the end links are right up on the rear wishbones. I've got mine on the softest setting.

It's most likely the end links. They may look tight, but they're probably a bit loose.

RSB torque specs:

End link top nut torque: 33-44 ft lbs
Bracket nut: 31-39 ft lbs
End link RSB nut:
-MZ3: 33-44 ft lbs
-MS3: 60-77 ft lbs

Here's some tips from when I put in my CS ver2 RSB:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/showthread.php?p=289097#post289097

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Mine creaks when it's cold

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's most likely the end links. They may look tight, but they're probably a bit loose.

RSB torque specs:

End link top nut torque: 33-44 ft lbs
Bracket nut: 31-39 ft lbs
End link RSB nut:
-MZ3: 33-44 ft lbs
-MS3: 60-77 ft lbs

Here's some tips from when I put in my CS ver2 RSB:

Install and review of Corksport Rear Sway Bar. - Page 24 - 2004 to 2014 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
Thanks, Mike!

Checked it out, but mine are nice and tight. I did notice the driver side spring wasn't sitting in the perch properly, so that could be it, too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Figured mine out. At the farthest out setting, the RSB was hitting the control arms. Moving it to the center notch appears to have alleviated it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts