2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the JBR RSB and one of the brackets broke earlier this March and was replaced under warranty. Yesterday I was driving, turning into a driveway, and heard a loud pop and knew probably the other one broke too. Anyone have this issue?

I wonder why it breaks, I don't even drive hard that much. I'm just going to buy the stiffer tru-torsion brackets that's said to last a lifetime so I don't have to deal with this again. Right now the car handles like a boat haha

·
Registered
530 Posts
Damn, I would hope JBR is looking in to this issue. I haven't had any problems with the CS brackets yet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The design of the OEM brackets and the stiffness of the upgraded rsb stresses the rsb brackets at specific areas --the weakest points-- causing breakage. When I upgrade mine I will go with the CS version because the rsb brackets are designed to spread out the load forces over the entire bracket hopefully eliminating breakage.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used those gold plated steel brackets that came with the JBR RSB. I was driving tonight turning into a driveway and again heard a loud pop so I think it's completely broken off now lol Car handles like crap but the ride is sooo smooth now. I just drove on the freeway and it was quite nice having a smooth ride. Had no idea the sway bar made the ride that much stiffer. I guess it's not really the stiffness but rather the car is more planted with the RSB.

I ordered the JBR tru torsion brackets so hopefully get them some time next week =/ Looking forward to having nice handling again.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Before the C/S bar came with the billet (Hotchkiss style) brackets I had 2 sets of them bend/break on me. C/S replaced 2 pairs and eventually sent me a revised bar with longer arms. After the second set I went Hotchkiss. I shared my issues/finding with C/S and a few months later they offered the bar with those brackets.... kinda gay because I paid like $110 for them, and then they came standard lol. Also I was I was lowered, which adds more tension to the bar since now the link it at a more acute angle. Are you lowered btw?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before the C/S bar came with the billet (Hotchkiss style) brackets I had 2 sets of them bend/break on me. C/S replaced 2 pairs and eventually sent me a revised bar with longer arms. After the second set I went Hotchkiss. I shared my issues/finding with C/S and a few months later they offered the bar with those brackets.... kinda gay because I paid like $110 for them, and then they came standard lol. Also I was I was lowered, which adds more tension to the bar since now the link it at a more acute angle. Are you lowered btw?
I'm not lowered, on stock suspension. That's why I don't know why it keeps breaking lol I paid $95 for the stronger brackets, they now offer them as a $40 option when you buy the sways. I bought the RSB when JBR first came out with them and didn't have the optional brackets yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ME TOO!!! JBR sent me a new bracket about six months ago under warranty and it just broke again this morning!! Haven't looked at it yet but i hope it broke the same as before and the studs aren't damaged...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Quit using those poopy oem style brackets and go billet. I bent 2 sets before I went billet. Or, your endlink tension is too high and you need an adjustable link to prevent bending them. People have different ride heights, bars, bar lengths and lever arms, stiffness settings, etc so you can't just compare to someone else who hasnt busted or bent an oem style set yet.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I mean I've been stock height, on springs, coilovers and slightly lowered, slammed, and now at a reasonable height on coilovers and have been through auto-x and track use. Idk, I feel like I've been through a lot. Maybe I'm just super lucky (knocks on wood).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Man those CS billet brackets were a complete pain in the ass to install but I am glad I have them now.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah - installed the (quite beautiful) JBR billet rear brackets last night - relieved that i'll not have to worry about any more breakages. That's good, because i'll sooner sell the car than install another set of rear sway brackets. No mortal man should be expected to do this more than once.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Man those CS billet brackets were a complete pain in the ass to install but I am glad I have them now.....
Yeah - installed the (quite beautiful) JBR billet rear brackets last night - relieved that i'll not have to worry about any more breakages. That's good, because i'll sooner sell the car than install another set of rear sway brackets. No mortal man should be expected to do this more than once.
Those brackets sucked all the energy I had to put into this car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My hands are big enough to palm a basketball......I did the install in my drive way on jack stands.

Nightmare. Not to mention you need a stubby ratchet because the space is so tight.

·
Registered
281 Posts
lol where did you take that avatar picture. looks straight outa fresh prince! :thumbup 1:
I have a bunch of stupid profile pics for lolz on FB.....this is one of them.

Someone on this forum said it was a former WWF wrestler, I had no idea. Just thought it was funny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts