2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help,

I have 2005 Mazda 3 - 2.3 L - About 3 weeks ago it started running rough and I assumed it is bad gas - even though I fill up from the same Company owned gas station.
2 weeks ago car engine stopped while I was at a signal - gave it about 5 sec and turned it back on and it started running. But rough idle was more noticeable.
Since then I cleaned the Throttle body and put a new Air Filter and cleaned the MAF also.
After that Cold engine RPM will be rough till the car temp gets to normal then it will smooth out.
I had retrained the engine by disconnecting the battery negative cable and let the car run for 20 min and then another 15 min with AC on.
That fixed the rough idle issue while driving BUT the engine light came on and ended up replacing the O2 Sensor 1 Bank 1 then after 3-4 days engine light came back on and this time ended up changing the EVAP canister.
Cleaned the throttle body again and cleared all the codes Monday.

Cold engine rough idle is still there and check engine light back on about O2 sensor yesterday after 2 days.

Car runs great no issue with idling once the car temp reaches the normal mark.

Really appreciate help as I know mechanic will start changing parts $$$.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Need Help,

I have 2005 Mazda 3 - 2.3 L - About 3 weeks ago it started running rough and I assumed it is bad gas - even though I fill up from the same Company owned gas station.
2 weeks ago car engine stopped while I was at a signal - gave it about 5 sec and turned it back on and it started running. But rough idle was more noticeable.
Since then I cleaned the Throttle body and put a new Air Filter and cleaned the MAF also.
After that Cold engine RPM will be rough till the car temp gets to normal then it will smooth out.
I had retrained the engine by disconnecting the battery negative cable and let the car run for 20 min and then another 15 min with AC on.
That fixed the rough idle issue while driving BUT the engine light came on and ended up replacing the O2 Sensor 1 Bank 1 then after 3-4 days engine light came back on and this time ended up changing the EVAP canister.
Cleaned the throttle body again and cleared all the codes Monday.

Cold engine rough idle is still there and check engine light back on about O2 sensor yesterday after 2 days.

Car runs great no issue with idling once the car temp reaches the normal mark.

Really appreciate help as I know mechanic will start changing parts $$$.

when was the pcv valve last changed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts