2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am about to have my brand new Mazda3 next week. Car will be a pearl white one. I already booked it for a full window tinting, but I can't decide if it will be better or not with a black wrapped roof?

Most of the white cars looks fabulous with tinted windows along with black wrapped roof, but I don't know if it's the case with the Mazda3 as well.

I tried to do some research on google and started to feel that for a 5 door Mazda 3 it's pure natural beauty is much better than with a blacked out roof. (maybe there will be an 50:50 to do or not to do) But I would happily hear Your opinions before I push my car into the wrapping garage:)

Thanks for any input! (one more thing: I will not go for black wheels. I don't like them, I hate black wheels. Even on white cars. Maybe I saw too many 1989 Paul Verhoeven's Robocop or I don't know but I hate black wheels) So wheels will be the factory 18" Mazda3 silver alloys... White cars are way more classy with silver wheels than thoose mafia looking black rims.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=197778&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
I was as well 50/50 to whether or not to install this stylish appearance mod.

I always convinced myself that It would look great (which I still think it does), but IMO and to explain my "logic" on how I perceive myself and my car, with this mod the car is trying hard to be something it's not. By this, I mean that it gives the "impression"of having a panoramic sunroof which in the end it doesn't, so I never ended up doing it, because I just don't want to "pretend" or give the false impression about my car if that makes sense.

I see Seat Cupras / Leon's which have panoramic sunroof and it looks good but then they have the real deal. But that's my opinion, I like it on other cars but not on my car.

If you really want it then go for it, there are no golden rules, just do what your really like and what feels right for you :)

*(I don't mean to disrespect anyone here who has done this mod before)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And neither I don't want to disrecpet nobody from the wrapped roof car owners.

At some point I agree with You ,but on the other hand I haver never had that fake glass roof feeling with none of the black roofed cars I have seen before. (not that much).
So this is not an option for me.

I just happily would like to see white Mazdas with glossy black roofs... (because so far googleing them wasn't that much success)

One more thing: You are alright about that every owner should decide for himself what he feels to help to look the car better or just make it some ugly clown. (like some of the pink rim Mazdas). But I would be more satisfied and calm to know what others think about in this question!

Thanks again!

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Great comparison picture you located and posted @Davidval18. Very helpful to Mandok and many others. Thank you.

Personally, I really like the look of a glossy black roof wrap, especially on a white car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had the same dilemma as you when I got my white Mazda 3. After searching the forum and seeing all the pictures I decided to get my roof and side mirror covers painted black instead of wrap (ended up saving me $50 compare to wrapping it black)
Love the glossy black and I would never go back to a white roof on any car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I personally like the look of the car in white with black accents carried throughout. Black emblems, CF roof (if you have the money), black rims, and a nice black front lip would look really nice imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts