2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Roof line Dents

Tags
dents line roof
5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lowincash 
#1 ·
So I noticed the other day that there are mirrored dents on both the driver and passenger side of my hatch's roof line. Does anyone else have these? It's the strangest thing. I don't suspect they're from driving around since there's no paint chips. It's also on a part of the car that is pretty rigid and doesn't deform easily (e.g. not a door panel or engine hood). So I'm left wondering is this just "acceptable" material deformation from when the body panels were pressed on Mazda's end or am I just the lucky miracle schmuck who has matching dents from some outside source? :001_unsure:

I tried to snap photos of them, but unless I have a bright white light shining on it in a clean room, forget it. The passenger side has 3 very noticeable dents just above the rear passenger quarter window. The driver's side has only 2, in the same region.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Damn....:sad 1:

I was afraid it wasn't normal. I just can't think of where they would have come from. I don't park near/under anything and I don't think any kicked up rocks did this either.

I'm the only one who seems to notice them, so hopefully they'll stay inconspicuous. But still....damn.

#5 ·
my brother has seen them, same spots. i have minor ones in the same place. he calls the robot touches. yes normal but not good craftsmanship.

also die imperfections can do it. you have to look hard, but most M3 14 have them.

ps yours is on the extreme, see a dent wizard under warranty

#6 ·
I have them as well. I need them out for when I clean my car up for a upcoming show and shine... Little annoyed by things like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.