2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
roll call, who is waiting on a 2014 MZ3.

Hello,

I'm new to the board. Seems like a nice board.

I am waiting on the 2014 MZ3. I don't want to get one of the first cars off the assembly line, and am hoping to get a reasonable deal , so I will wait until at least November. It's hard not obsessing over the pending purchase, and I'm guessing I am not alone in this predicament. I figured it would be fun to have a thread where people post up what there current car is and what 2014 MS3 they are planning on getting.

My current car is a 2002 Acura RSX,It is still reliable and still suits my purposes, but the time has come to treat myself to a new car.

My requirements for a car are: 29er mountain bike has to fit in the back , has to be reliable , has to get good gas milage has to be fun to drive and has to look good and has to be reasonably priced.

I have decided that I will be getting a 2014 MZ3 i touring 5 door MT with the technology package. Have not decided on a color yet, figure I will wait until I can see the colors in real life.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Welcome. For future reference MS3 is for the speed MZ3 is a regular 3. Just so you don't confuse anyone.

I have a hard time getting my 26in bike in the back.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Waiting for a mz3 sGT since for some stupid reason you cannot get a moonroof on the touring model.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
172 Posts
Waiting for a mz3 sGT since for some stupid reason you cannot get a moonroof on the touring model.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Don't quote me on this but I thought you could get the moonroof on the touring if you get the technology package?

EDIT: Nevermind, looked closer at the packages on their website and apparently it is an option on the 2.0L touring but not the 2.5L touring (s model) .. How strange.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. For future reference MS3 is for the speed MZ3 is a regular 3. Just so you don't confuse anyone.

I have a hard time getting my 26in bike in the back.
I updated my post to change MS3 to Mz3, thanks.

I have to take the front wheel off to get my bike in the back of my RSX, I assume I will have to do the same to get it into the back of the MS3. When you say you have a hard time getting your 26in bike in the back is it safe for me to assume that is with the front wheel on?

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I updated my post to change MS3 to Mz3, thanks.

I have to take the front wheel off to get my bike in the back of my RSX, I assume I will have to do the same to get it into the back of the MS3. When you say you have a hard time getting your 26in bike in the back is it safe for me to assume that is with the front wheel on?
Yeah with the wheel on. It will fit but it scrapes up the sides of the interior trim.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Definitely holding out, have to drive the thing. Either an s Touring, or an S Grand Touring with the Tech Package. I suppose which will depend on what they have in stock. And how much they lowball me for my trade-in....

·
Registered
779 Posts
They can keep the body style, I just want the SkyActiv engine...185 hp/181 Tq If im not mistaken? not to mention the 200 mpg Skyactiv get >:/... if so, then gimmie!
I hope your kidding because if that is true I'm trading my 12 in for a 14.

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
I really wanted a new speed, but by the time I actually need a new car, and have enough money for one, there is not gonna be any "new" ones left. So I will probably end up getting a 2014 hatchback sometime later down the road
If you get a new car, give me your hatchback! It's pure sex.

·
Drumming Mazda Enthusiast
24 Posts
They can keep the body style, I just want the SkyActiv engine...185 hp/181 Tq If im not mistaken? not to mention the 200 mpg Skyactiv get >:/... if so, then gimmie!
Actually minutely better TQ numbers : 184 Horsepower and 185 lb/ft of Tq

Reactions: Napkin

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm definitely waiting for the 2014 MZ3. I'll have to wait even longer than some because I'm holding out for the 2.5L/manual combo which isn't going to be available at launch. I'll likely keep it 10+ years just as I did with my current daily driver so the wait to get what I want is worth it. Whenever Mazda gets their act together on that powertrain variant I'll be there to trade my (t)rusty 2002 Protege and the difference in cash.

As far as which model? I'm going for the S GT 5-door. It comes with everything I want in standard form (roof, Xenons, MMI/Bose/Nav, heated leather, HUD, etc.). Make it silver. Add some wheel locks, all weather mats, cargo net and cargo mat or tray and we're done. Will list at $26.5K-ish with those accessories (I printed the 2014 PDF) before wheeling and dealing, loyalty cash, APR offers, etc. Perfect! :)

·
Zoom - Zoom
53 Posts
Not me, i love my 2012 Mz3S sedan but because of the 2014 model coming out a friend(finance manager at mazda) said there is a lot of rebates right now for the 13's. So im trading the sedan in for a i touring skyactive hatch. cant wait to finally have a hatch..lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts