2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

281 - 285 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice build! Keep em coming bro! Was wondering where did you get the front mazda logo. When I picked up mine, same trim as yours GT and in Australia, it has still the normal mazda logo. Did it came stock?
Oh nvm. For some reason I thought you were from Australia but When I checked driver's seat is on the left. I guess You only get that badge on the highest trim. In Aus highest one is called Astina thats what confused me. Sorry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Slow progress due to illness at my body shop, but here is a sampling of what was accomplished. It is just 3" width -- just perfectly covers the OEM small holes into which the "Mazda letters" are mounted on the rear hatch. The badge started out as a chromed metal-n-black one for $4.96 shipped (details in post # 6).

It looks beyond terrific in real life. The black is Mazda Jet Black; the red is Soul Red Metallic.
How did you do that custom gt emblem like that?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
He bought a GT emblem from e-bay and had his body shop custom paint it with the Mazda Jet Black 41W paint and Soul Red Metallic 41V paint.

Here is the original emblem that is available on e-bay. I bought one and replaced my Skyactive badge with it.

GT Badge
CK

·
Registered
19 Posts
He bought a GT emblem from e-bay and had his body shop custom paint it with the Mazda Jet Black 41W paint and Soul Red Metallic 41V paint.

Here is the original emblem that is available on e-bay. I bought one and replaced my Skyactive badge with it.

CK
Ah ok, I thought it might of been some DIY handywork. I too have bought the badge already also was just looking for a plan to do so. I would love to get that done to my car but odds are high that a body shop would laugh at you. :|

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It should be a pretty simple DIY project. They sell the paint on Amazon and you would just need to spray or paint a layer of red 41V down, wait until it dries...cover up the embedded GT letters...spray/paint the black 41W over that and then a clear coat.

Also, the 3M tape that came with those GT emblems is total crap. I was able to get my body shop to put some proper adhesive on and reapply it.
CK

281 - 285 of 285 Posts