2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 mazda 3 hatch and am looking at getting the RM 1.25 springs. My question is will I have rubbing issues on the stock wheels/tires? Thanks

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
rubbing issues only occur on your fender not inside your wheel well... so with the stock wheel so sunken in it won't happen... so many times this has been answered lol.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
1.25s dont even drop that much. With stock wheels you'll be nowhere near rubbing. I got 1.75s with stock wheels and im not even close to rubbing with those either. I've never even had the car bottom out even driving on super shitty roads like the turd of a highway they call the interstate 405 in LA lol
You'll be fine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sounds good, thanks! I decided on Tein S Techs instead of Road Magnets. I'll post pics of before and after install.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I just had the springs installed and couldn't be happier. The car was lower by 1.5 inches and still needs to settle. According to Tein the overall drop should be 1.6. Handling is awesome, a little stiff over bumps but thats expected. Before installing the measurements from ground to bottom of fender was 27" and after install it measured at 25.5. I'm still running stock 16's but recently purchased some OEM 05 Mazda 17" wheels. I put some pics up but I'll take some better ones later and post them.

Have you installed yet? If so, how is the ride? I heard it is anything but smooth (likestock).

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a better shot of the car from the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just did another measurement and it is now 25 1/4inches. Tein was almost right on the button with their estimates. I am very satisfied with the overall drop and now just need to get used to those damn steep driveways and entrances/exits!!

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Glad you like the Tein's, had mine for 2 months now and got the exact 1.6" drop. Relatively stiff and yeah gotta watch those steep areas thankfully I live in Florida LOL

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the Part Number for the S Tech Springs? I've been looking to get those springs for a while now!! Also, where did you purchase your springs IzzyM3HB?

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
I got mine for 203$ off therpmstore, free shipping, also use the code "ILIKERPM". Fairly respected company. Takes a day or two to place the order.

The part number may be somewhere up there as well, you might be able to find them cheaper somewhere else but I'd rather spend a little extra to know I'm getting the real set of springs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought mine from autoanything.com 15% off for first time buyers and free shipping. Total was $160!!!

What is the Part Number for the S Tech Springs? I've been looking to get those springs for a while now!! Also, where did you purchase your springs IzzyM3HB?

Reactions: IN4HAWAII

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey slipzy, when I searched at therpmstore.com I'm only getting S Tech springs for the 04-09 models. Did you use those for your Mazda 3? I know TEIN has S Tech springs for the 10+ models but only for the 2.5s. I've emailed TEIN to find out if they would fit my skyactiv but all they said was they didn't make springs for them yet and its up to my discretion whether to put the 2.5 springs on my car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts