2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for many many hours now in which springs I want and I was pretty set on getting Tein stech's (1.6 drop) until I started seeing pictures of 1.75 RM springs and I really like how the 1.75 sits. I have stock 17'' rims on my 2011 Mazda 3 Hatch and I plan on pairing whatever springs I get with Koni Yellow struts and shocks. My question is, if I were to get 1.75'' RM springs, do they rub at all? I see that more people go with 1.25 RM also, but I would like the input for 1.75 users or Tein 1.6. I like both drops, but I think I would prefer the 1.75 just based on pictures. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
If your going to get springs with struts might as well buy coilovers look into raceland coilovers probably cheaper than buying springs and struts combined! .02

·
Registered
119 Posts
I heard raceland coilovers dont give much of a drop though or I've heard bad reviews on them and people just saying to get springs and struts instead
They can give you 1.0" to 3.0" drop depending on application. But Coilovers tend to give you more of a drop when compared to springs.

There are mixed reviews on the raceland coilovers. I have a buddy who just purchased them for his MS3, I'll come back here and post a review when he does one.

But I'll say....haters are gonna hate.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks, and does anybody have reviews on either the RM 1.75 or the Tein stech's? I'd like to know more if the RM's rub or not also, and how the ride of each is. I won't be getting anything until summer and I'm saving up now. If I end up getting more money than expected I will most likely go with BC Coilovers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i ran tein s techs and they were pretty good drop! i have heard that rm dont drop equally, the rear is always higher

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
i ran tein s techs and they were pretty good drop! i have heard that rm dont drop equally, the rear is always higher
This isn't true. I have had no problems and mine is an even gap around along with countless other members on this forums are having no problems with theirs. I have 1.25 and they have been great so far.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This isn't true. I have had no problems and mine is an even gap around along with countless other members on this forums are having no problems with theirs. I have 1.25 and they have been great so far.
Do you know anything about the 1.75 drop? and if it rubs on stock rims? Cause that would be the only thing stopping me from getting RM, and what if I eventually sized up to 18'' would either rub on those? or what wheel base do I need for it not to rub

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
no you can get it with stock rims but i think you will need an rear adjustable camber kit

·
Registered
119 Posts
You might still be in spec with the teins.

Don't quote me though

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had 1.75" RM and I am currently running 1.25" RM. You will not rub on 1.75 with stock wheels. With 18s however, it depends on your offset and tire size.

I'm running evo x wheels (18x8.5 +38 w/ 255/40 tires ... yes they are fat but they came with the wheels at a good price).
I never got an alignment for the 1.75s since I swapped them out after I ordered new 1.25s because I rubbed so much due to my set up, but most people have told me you will be within spec.

Here's some pics of the 1.75:

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Wow, your car looks great man! I may eventually switch to 18's and that's about exactly what type of wheel gap Im looking for. With 17 stock and 1.75 RM would it be better to get camber arms to keep the look just like your 18s?
Yes with stockers it would be better with a camber kit. But, if you eventually get like +40s offset you will look like his set-up and camber kit won't be needed as much. And with tein I'd still get a camber kit and there shouldn't be rubbing with stock wheels.

·
Registered
119 Posts
here's a picture of a forum member on BCMazda3.com (in Canada)
He's on S.Techs

1 - 20 of 34 Posts