2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor car was leaking coolant all over the highway when the cops showed up. Front end damage doesn't look that bad compared to this trainwreck of a rear end.

RIP...

Loved this car... was planning on keeping it for a long ass time, real shame because it was the 2.5L they stopped making.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Sorry for your loss man at least your ok! What is insurance doing about it? What do you plan on getting if I might ask?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luckily the dude had insurance, its some rinky dink insurance agency without a 24/7 claims center so I'm going to have to deal with them tomorrow.

It only had like 30k miles on it, I rolled over to 30,000 a couple days ago.

I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point, I might have to find a used 2.5L and hope its still in as good condition as mine was.

I think the new body style is hideous..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright so.. I FINALLY got the status of my car and what the deal is, had a period of two weeks with NO word from the insurance company I filed with, had to get my insurance company to step in to get this taken care of.

I've been in a Hyundai rental for the past 2 weeks, really missing my Mazda...

Initially the dude's dinky ass insurance agency said my car was fixable, but wouldn't tell me a number as to how much damage it was and what damage they assessed, and wasn't answering any phone calls etc.

I know they weren't fixing all that was messed up from the accident.

I went to the shop to check the damage out and found all kinds of nasty stuff...

Entire body frame is bent from the rear end getting completely smashed up, had damage to the roof where the hatch rubbed up against the roof and bent it plus scraped the paint.

I also had front end frame damage that pushed the front of my car directly into my engine block and pinched all the hoses and manifolds in between the radiator and front frame of the car and the engine block. The radiator was fucked up too, not too bad, but it needed to be replaced. No telling what other kind of internal damage it sustained.

The overall frame of the car was smashed in pretty good on the front end on one side, plus the body frame was all warped and twisted up. Passenger side door is bent up pretty bad too.

The people at the body shop were like 'yea man there's no frame damage or anything' ... 'we just have to put it on the frame machine and pop the frame out'

They were saying they wanted to cut the metal body portion of my car off about halfway and re-weld a new rear end on, and completely neglected the fact that the entire side of the body frame was warped.

They also tried to tell me the down to the metal scraped stuff and the dent on my roof was 'normal wear'.

They already had parts ordered to fix it and everything, they kept saying 'we only use OEM parts man, itll be just like new!' and I knew that was complete BS because they weren't even going to fix all the shit that was damaged.

The body shop / Insurance agency completely left me out of the loop and were dealing with this stuff behind my back and negotiating all kinds of shit without me actually authorizing it.

I know the body shop just wanted the money to fix my car so they low-balled the damage estimate, but I wasn't about to accept a shitty half-assed repair that didn't even cover all the damage on my car.

I ended up having to get MY insurance company (nationwide) involved and they just did a damage assessment today and declared it TOTALLED.

Even though I loved the shit out of this car...

I'm actually really happy that its been totaled so I didn't have to deal with driving this thing around with a bent frame and all that internal engine bay damage with kinked hoses and shit.

It was never going to look, drive or handle the same again plus it was not really safe to drive with that soggy frame that they were going to 'pop-out.'

Now, I have to negotiate the value of my car, it only had 30,000 miles on it...

Not sure what I'm going to end up doing with the settlement check, if I want to find another 2.5L thats used and has lower mileage or if I want to get another M3, or if I'm going to try something else out like a Subaru BRZ or Honda CRZ.

I like that the new 2.5L packs 184HP, but its pretty pricey, I'd rather hit up a BRZ for that price.

I'll keep you guys posted on what I end up doing.

That sucks! How did that happen? You got rear ended I assume?
Yea, by a heavy ass chevy c2500 work truck, and then I got smashed into cars in front of me.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
That's good they totaled it. I mean it's bad but good. With frame damage your best bet is for it to be totaled. Plus if it would have been fixed it would have had that repair on the title and would have made selling or trading it nearly impossible.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's good they totaled it. I mean it's bad but good. With frame damage your best bet is for it to be totaled. Plus if it would have been fixed it would have had that repair on the title and would have made selling or trading it nearly impossible.
Yea man thats another thing I wanted to avoid.

I'm honestly just happy that I finally had a final word on what the deal was, TWO SOLID WEEKS with NO CLUE WTF was going on with my car...

Do I start car shopping? Or do I prepare myself for a car that will never be the same again...

Totalled car sucks, but its the better of the two outcomes.

:chuck_norris 1:

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
So happy for u that NW totalled it for you! Its sad, but its the best outcome for that kinda damage.

Time to buy a speed3 while theres some left. :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay so, final scoop.

Car was valued at 17,200 from nationwide, got a check for that sans deductible and I put all of that down on a 2013 VW GTI Wolfsburg.

I test drove one of the new 2.5L mz3 and I hated it. Interior displays were extremely confusing and hard to get used to, plus there was this ghetto ass speedo projector screen made from some flimsy piece of plastic I wanted to break off.

Very happy with GTI, mazda sacriledge, I know, but this has more power and I was able to score it in an auto.

ECU tune will put me at 250 HP 300 FTLB Torque

1 - 14 of 14 Posts