2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market of buying new rims for my car. I know the specs for my tire size but what if the offest is different is there a spacer you can use to make them wwork? i just need some guidance.

·
Registered
661 Posts
You can use spacers if you need to alter the offset but most people frown on them for a few reasons, one of them being alot of times you won't have enough stud still getting through the wheel to properly fasten the lug nuts. I have 5mm spacers on my forester to use old WRX wheels and i'm right at the limit where i'm OK with it. Surprisingly no shop has refused to put them back on during inspection - so that's good. These are the loose "plate" spacers that you just slap between the hub and wheel. There are others that actually attach to the existing lugs - more common in truck world i think.

Here's the wheels i just put on my Mazda 3 - they match the stock rims in every way (same offset, etc). I was actually thinking about getting a slightly lower offset (further out) to better line up the wheels with the wheel wells, but in the end they looks good as-is.
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...res/202634-new-wheels-enkei-18-gun-metal.html

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am in the market of buying new rims for my car. I know the specs for my tire size but what if the offest is different is there a spacer you can use to make them wwork? i just need some guidance.
Take a look at the Wheels and Tires thread pinned to the top of this forum.
See what you like and make note of the wheels/tire sizes.
If you just want wheels, that will limit your options as you will need wheels that fit with your current tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts