2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Right door is rattling

Tags
door rattling
15K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Maurick 
#1 ·
Car is within bumper to bumper warranty. My right door rattles intermittently.. any of you guys experience this? it's a subtle rattle (when quiet - sound system is off). Also, when listening to certain songs the entire right door or window reverberates. I recently got a loaner Mazda 3 Sedan and noticed that it did not do this.

What if any fixes have you performed for this? Is this something that is worth getting warranty involved? I asked the dealer once and they said I would have to leave my car there, not sure for how long but I don't want to leave my car at the dealership for a few days to get that attended to.

#3 ·
My Mazda 3 does this sometimes, but not all the time. I wonder sometimes if its temperature related. Yesterday it was below 30 degrees and it did it a little bit. Today sun is shining and its warmer outside. Didnt hear it at all. I get pops, rattles, and cracks often from my dasboard. Seems like temperature of interior of car has a lot to do with it. I, would get it checked out if its under warranty.

#12 ·
Damn man, you are just having a bad run here aren't you?!? That's definitely not normal. Something is rattling around inside of the door or the window regulator is loose. To me it sounds like the glass is rattling. Take it back in and I'd be surprised if they can't figure this one out pretty quickly by just pulling off the door panel.

I'm actually going to be bringing up some door panel noise when I take mine in for an oil change once I hit 5000 miles. It's pretty quiet overall but when I go over a large bump, I hear a pretty loud clunk or rattle coming from the passenger door. When I press on the inside door panel, I can actually feel the panel push in a bit so I wouldn't be surprised if one of the clips was broken. If I push in the same spot on the driver side door, it doesn't move at all.

As of right now, it's mostly audible when going over some larger bumps. But it's definitely a noise that I didn't hear prior to this past weekend.

#13 ·
Thanks, checked everything and nothing is loose externally.. was going to take it in today but I kid you not the noise went away on it's own, absolutely no rattle now.. and this was on the WAY to the dealership. Car is playing sick games with me [emoji38]. Anyways, will wait and see if it returns.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Probably not the same thing, but I've picked up a slight rattle in my right door. Only notice it going over bumps. I blame it on a couple broken push pins... took off the door panel awhile back to install some sound deadening. I'll probably wait until I really need to get in there again before I replace the pins.

#18 ·
I had a rattle in the driver side door and I left it at the dealership and they found out that my speaker didn’t have any bolt holding it. They said that never saw something like that before. My car still under warranty, 20000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I've dealt with rattles in my 3 a couple of times now. The first time it was loose screws on the water guard that surrounds the BOSE speaker. The dealership tightened them and that took care of that rattle.

With my exhaust and upgraded speakers, rattles are easy to generate in my car. I had a small annoying one over the weekend, which turned out to be coming from my glove box. I thought it was coming from the passenger door, but my daughter helped rule that out. It turned out being my spline drive key for my lug nuts. It was rattling against the plastic of the glove box and needed to be moved.
CK

#20 ·
The rattling that I have described in the video seems to have disappeared for the moment which is annoying as I now don't know if it will come back before the bumper to bumper warranty expires in 9 more months.

On another note, I still get some vibrations/buzzing to some songs on the passenger side door due to bass resonance. I don't have this issue on my other vehicle and to add to it it's 16 years old and has an aftermarket sub so the bass is much stronger so it's a bit disconcerting to have it happen on an almost brand new vehicle. Not sure if this is a common problem in vehicles or not.

I am on the fence as to whether to take the car in to have it fixed or just live with it, the dealership told me that they are busy and I would have to leave my vehicle there for the day which is extremely inconvenient as the closest dealership is about 20+ miles from my home. I guess they don't prioritize warranty related work.

#21 ·
I had the the same problem with my 17’ especially when the music was on. I took it under warranty and they found out that the speaker didn’t have any screw holding it. It came like that from factory. I would go and take advantage of your warranty since it still going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.