2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

I have a 2015 3sGT 6MT. Lately, my reverse camera seems to fail when the car is hot. For example, I'll leave my house for work in the morning and it works normally. But if I have to park outside and it's a hot day, when I shift to reverse, all I see is a black screen. But the next morning it will work normally again. This happened once or twice last summer, but then the problem went away in the fall/winter before I thought about getting it fixed. Now that summer has returned, the problem is back.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm still under warranty, so I'm going to get it checked. But I thought I would check if anyone else has had the same problem and knows if it's a connection or switch that gets loose in the heat? Any thoughts? THANKS!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind... I used the search function before my previous post and found some results, but I thought it was for previous gen cars. But I was mistaken. As it turns out, similar problems have been reported and discussed for my model. Looks like it's probably a loose connection caused by weather conditions and/or shutting the hatch. I'll be sure to get video the next time it fails, and then have the dealer check for loose wiring in the hatch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts